Prompt Nineteen - First Time Skating

"Are you sure about this?" She said with a tentative smile, resting her hands on her exposed hips. "I mean, we could totally do something else!"

    Percy rubbed his hands together and smirked. "Oh no. We're doing this. And you're doing it without me. All by yourself."

    Hazel's smile faltered and she nervously bit her lip. "Ah, yes, but I don't really know how to skate."

    Percy waved her away and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about that! We're right near some water, so I can constantly guard you so you don't get hurt if you fall off."

    Hazel nodded as she fidgeted with her fingers. She was being taught to skate, and Frank was watching. He was sitting at an outside table, 3 coffees next to him. Frank had already drank half of his lavender-honey latte, and Hazel's caramel macchiato was sitting untouched. Percy had already finished his first mocha frappuccino and had bought a second one. 

    Hazel glanced at her boyfriend and he beamed and gave her a thumbs up. Not what she wanted, but it was still sweet.

    Percy handed her his skateboard, measuring and scanning something with those unnerving sea green eyes of his. Hazel shifted her weight between her feet and gripped the sides of the board. 

    "Yeah, this is one from when I was around 12, so it fits your height pretty well." He said with a teasing tone. 

    Hazel slapped his bicep and he just laughed, carefully instructing her how to stand on the skateboard. 

    The golden eyed girl wobbled slightly but quickly found her balance. "Is this good?"

    "Uh, sure." Percy replied, behind her so she couldn't see his face. "Now just pick up your left foot and strike the ground, got it?"

    Hazel hummed and did as she was told. She lurched forward on the board and almost fell off. She re-found her footing and stroke once more. This time she traveled farther and came closer to the drop at the skateboard park. 

    "Keep going, you've got this!"

    Percy's encouragement wasn't so encouraging. 

    But she tried and was lodged right at the tip before the dip. She stared over and let her guard down, not expecting for Percy to come up behind her and gently push her over the edge. 

    "AHHH!" She let out a shriek and tensed her muscles as she floated down the ramp. She stopped at the bottom, not having enough momentum to get up. 

    "See!" Percy shouted, a huge grin on his face. "That was awesome!"

    Hazel shook her head and stepped off of the skateboard. That was enough for the first lesson.