Prompt Thirteen - Favorite Color?

IVORY

    "Hey!" I shouted, waving at Ivory, who was uncommonly by themself after school today. They sat with crossed arms and a scowl on their face, which might have been due to being separated from their best friend. 

    "Hello." They replied shortly, not paying attention to me one bit, staring straight ahead at the flagpole that held the American and State flag up top. "What do you want?"

    "Wow, wildcat, be nice." I laughed, putting my hands up defensively. "I only want to ask you a little question."

    "And what would that question be?" They finally turned to look at me, their gaze unwavering as they raised an eyebrow.

    I wasn't deterred. "What's your favorite color?"

    Ivory blinked and paused, and I could tell that they weren't expecting such a simple and stupid question. 

    "Why do you want to know?" They grumbled, leaning backwards against the walls of the school. "And it's lilac."

    I gasped dramatically and slapped my hands on my face. "LILAC?!" I lowered my voice slightly when a few teachers glared at me. "As in our best friend?!"

    Ivory sighed and rolled their eyes. "Yes, Scarlet, Lilac as in my best friend."

    I ignored their comment in place of jumping up and down excitedly and clapping my hands. Ivory shoved me away with a pale hand afterwards and I left them alone.

    LILAC

   "Scarlet!" Lilac screeched, dragging me into a hug that I happily reciprocated.

    "Lilac!" I screamed as well, pulling back just enough to smack a kiss on her cheek while standing on my tip toes for a second. She was much taller than I was, me being 5'1 and her being almost 5'10. (How is she so tall at only 17?)

    My dark hands contrasted nicely against her tan fingers, and she smiled down at me. 

    "I know that face." She started, smirking and dropping my hands. "What are you going to tell me?! Come on, I want to know!"

    I grinned and leaned in close. "It's about your favorite color."

    She gaped and then beamed. 'Your favorite color' was what our code name was for her crush - Ivory. "What happened?"

    I grinned with all of my teeth on display. "They said that lilac is their favorite color. And when I asked if it had to do with you, they said yes!" 

    Lilac and I squealed in unison, both equally hyped and happy. We jumped up and down and hugged each other once more. 

    Once Lilac pushed me away and stepped back, she ran a hand through her short wavy hair. "Oh my god... this is HUGE!"

    I nodded and let a smile curl my lips upward. "I know."

    SCARLET

    I had watched my best friends fall in love forever. I wasn't going to let them keep pining for each other for the next century, and I think I did a pretty good job. 

    How did I do a pretty good job? Well, if you consider them getting married almost 7 years later after being together for 6 and a half, then I did wonderfully. 

    Now if only I could get Amber and Rose together...