Prompt Twenty - So You Wanna Start A War?

Annabeth closed her eyes and took a deep breath. They were doing this. They were killing Luke- no. They were killing Kronos. 

    A gentle hand rested on her shoulder, and she startled forward, a hand instinctively reaching for her dagger. But then she saw those familiar sea green eyes. Annabeth all but collapsed into Percy's embrace, his strong arms holding her up as she fell limp. 

    "Hey, hey." Percy said quietly. "Are you okay?"

    He paused when she didn't answer. 

    "You don't have to do this, you know."

    "But I do!" Annabeth burst out, tears springing to her gray eyes. She punched Percy's arm softly, the son of Poseidon not flinching. "I do! Don't you get it, Percy? I'm the reason all of this is even happening!" She slapped him even harder on the chest, knowing that it wouldn't actually hurt him. 

    Percy kept silent for a few moments before slowly pushing her away. "Yeah. I understand. Sorry, Annabeth."

    He walked away with his back turned to her, his head hung low. Annabeth stood there with wide eyes and a cracking heart. 

    It's your fault. AGAIN.

    She clenched her fists and glared at the ground. "No. It's the fucking gods."

    The daughter of Athena let her head rise. A growl came out of her mouth, and she whirled around to stalk towards the Empire State building. 

    She wasn't supposed to be fighting anyway, according to Percy. So she'd do the next best thing. 

    It was time to start a war that had already begun.