Prompt Ten - French Braids

"Sunshine, why are we doing this again?" Nico asked Will, exasperation showing blatantly in every word. 

    "Oh, come on!" Will said cheerfully, a bright smile lighting up his features as he teasingly smacked his significant annoyance on the arm. "This'll be fun! I promise."

    Nico raised an eyebrow but relented with a sigh. "Fine. But don't blame me when you have to heal yourself because you broke a finger braiding."

    Will laughed and pecked Nico on the cheek before dragging the son of Hades across the basketball courts and to just the edge of the woods. Will stared at Nico with an expectant gaze, holding out his hand for his pale boyfriend.

    Nico rolled his eyes affectionately and took Will's hand and laced their fingers together. "Well, if we're going, let's go."

    Nico stepped into the forest of trees, immediately making a nymph lurch out of her tree and gasping out of surprise. 

    "GIRLS!" She screeched with a big grin. "GIRLS! HE'S HERE!!!"

    Will coughed to cover up his laugh. The ladies always liked it when he and Nico came to visit them, if not overly enthusiastic. For what reason, Will didn't particularly know. But it might be because Nico would scare off any of the boys that tried to flirt with the tree nymphs, or because Will braided hair excellently. 

    Either way, Erc (Eastern Red Cedar, though people never called her that) ran up to Will and tore him away from Nico with a backbreaking hug. Will squeaked, not quite yet used to the unusual strength of the girl.

    Erc released him with a beam that Will matched. "I am so glad you're here! MT wants her hair done in a french braid and Pitch forgot how to!"

    Pitch Pine looked down with a guilt ridden face, fidgeting with the hem of her dress. Will nodded and walked over to where MT (Maple Tree) was sitting down, waiting for someone to finally do her hair.

    Nico crossed his arms and leaned against the trunk of Erc's tree, which Erc let him do sometimes and other times not,  it depended on her mood. The brown eyed boy watched the son of Apollo with a gaze that would've made Aphrodite drop dead.

    Erc noticed and smiled slyly as she inched her way over to him. "Oh~, how's it going with glow stick boy over there? Still going strong?"

    Nico grunted and slapped her shoulder gently. "Well obviously." Nico then let out the most love stricken sigh ever to be heard and shook his head. "He's perfect."

    Erc giggled and covered her mouth with her palm, glancing at Nico with knowing eyes. This boy was the most in love Erc had ever seen. 

    Soon Will was done with MT's hair, and he got a kiss on the cheek for his hard work. Nico didn't mind the show of appreciation, for he and Will had already had a lengthy discussion with DO's and DON'T's with their relationship.

    Nico offered his hand, repeating the action from earlier. Will's lips curled upward and they ventured farther into the forest. Once in a large enough clearing, Nico whistled loudly and waited.

    It took just a few seconds before Mrs. O'Leary bounded out of a big boulders shadow, pouncing on top of both Nico and Will at the same time. 

    Will's gasp of surprise quickly morphed into a laugh of joy, Nico following suit. Mrs. O'Leary licked Will's face as Nico tried to push her off of them half-heartedly. 

    Once the two of them finally managed to get Mrs. O'Leary to calm down, the large hellhound nuzzled up against Nico's left side, cuddling in between the two demigods. The couple reached over and locked their hands together, petting and playing with Mrs. O'Leary with their free ones. 

    And they stayed there, smiles and grins on their faces, completely missing as one of Will's friends passed right by them, ready to walk down to his death in the Grove of Dodona.