Prompt Fifteen - Copycat

No one likes a copy cat. 

    And yet here they were, surrounded by people who weren't creative or original enough to be their own person, stealing ideas, thoughts, and beliefs from others that circled around them. 

    What a world we live in. 

    Jasmine beamed cheerfully and waved her arms back and forth as she jumped up. "VOTE FOR KATIE! THE BEST CANDIDATE FOR THIS YEARS HOMECOMING! GOOOOOOO KATIE!"

    The other high school students stared at the hyper ravenette with distaste and disgust, walking right past her small stand.

    Jasmine just giggled and placed her hands on her hips. "Oh, come on now! Don't be so grumpy all the time, people!"

    Katie slouched as she stumbled into Jasmine, the brown eyed girl quickly reacting and steadying her friend with a dark hand. 

    "Jasmine, stop." Katie said quietly, not looking up to meet her partners eyes. 

    Jasmine paused. "Stop? Stop what? Campaigning?" When her questions weren't met with a response from the tiny girl, Jasmine laughed loudly. "Oh, silly! Why would I ever do that?"

    Katie finally lifted her head, and Jasmine gasped. Her usually bright blue eyes were dulled with tears and redness from obvious crying, her brown hair matted and tangled. 

    "Because," Katie's voice cracked and she hiccuped. "Haley is telling everyone that I'm a copycat and that I bullied Natalie." She sobbed and her legs gave out, forcing all of her weight into Jasmine's arms. "I can't take it. All of the stares and whispers. I can't do it." The last sentence was said so no one could hear it but herself. 

    "Oh, Katie." Jasmine said with fake pity in her voice. "I'm so, so, so sorry!" She cackled and pulled Katie against her even more, tilting her chin up with her thumb. Her voice dropped down low. "Don't bitch about it."

    Katie's eyebrows furrowed and she stared at her best friend with hurt. "What?"

    Jasmine suddenly pushed her onto the hard floor, and Katie cried out as she landed on her wrist. "Seriously, Katie. If you're going to be a copycat, at least be a good one."

    And with that confusing statement, Jasmine walked away, her braids swishing behind her back as she headed to her first period class.