Prompt Six - Don't Fall Behind

"Well would you look at that!" Draco announced loudly, strutting up to Harry's slouched form. "Potter's all alone!"

    Harry glared at the blonde through his glasses and scowled. "Go away Malfoy. I don't want to deal with you right now."

    Draco rolled his eyes and placed his hands on his hips. "Oh, Potter, you act like I'm trying to cause you pain." He leaned close into Harry's face, a smirk forming on his lips. "All I want is a little conversation with the golden boy. Isn't it fair to let me have my conversation, Potter?"

    Harry scoffed and backed his chair away. "I won't say it again, Malfoy. Leave me alone."

    Draco's usually aloof expression turned slightly concerned when Harry didn't contribute to their normal insults and banter. "Ohh, is Potter having a rough day with all the love and attention?"

    The question would typically be taken as a type of mocking, but to Harry it actually sounded genuine, and he suddenly whipped his head up to stare at Draco.

    Said silver eyed boy blinked in surprise and held Harry's gaze for a second before looking away to the ground.

    "Not at all," Harry finally replied smoothly. "I'm actually having just a wonderful time, almost dying at every corner. Ya know? So much fun."

    Draco's eyebrows furrowed, but some of that previous worry melted away. This was a bit different than Harry's ordinary sarcasm, but it was close enough to where Draco didn't want to question it anymore.

    "Yes, well, all the fans and friends you get from the fame must make up for at least some of it." Draco insisted, stealing a chair from one of the other desks and pulling it beside Harry's.

    Harry shook his head and laughed. "I wish."

    Draco let out a small sound of shock. He wasn't expecting that. Then again, nobody was around anymore. Today was a Sunday, and most people were still out at Hogsmeade if they weren't already crashing in their dorms for the night. So being in an abandoned classroom, they weren't going to get bothered at all.

    "So, you're trying to say that the 'ChOsEn OnE' isn't getting all of the recognition he deserves?" Draco tried to play it off, but he was honestly getting quite worried about the way that Harry was acting.

    Harry shrugged, saying nothing.

    Draco swallowed and dropped his gaze down to his lap, where his hands were fidgeting with each other. He didn't know how Harry was so still and calm looking.

    "Well, if that isn't it, then what in Merlin's beard has gotten you in such a mood?" Draco asked, exasperated and frustrated at this point.

    When Harry didn't respond, the pale boy threw up his hands and stood up aggressively, pushing the chair back so it fell onto the floor with a loud 'CLANG'.

    Harry flinched at the noise, and the motion caught Draco's eye.

    "Harry."

    Harry glanced up at Draco with a grimace. Their eyes met and Draco stared straight into Harry's soul, seemingly realizing what this all was about in the manner of a second.

    "Get up. We're raiding the kitchen."

    Harry raised an eyebrow and blinked at the same time. "What?"

    Draco sighed and exhaled to the ceiling. "Do I have to repeat myself? Really, Potter?" He huffed and crossed his arms. "We. Are. Raiding. The. Kitchen." He sounded out every word like he was speaking to an idiot. "Deal?"

    Harry opened his mouth, then decided against it, ending up just nodding.

    Draco grinned smugly and held out a hand for Harry, which was surprisingly taken. "Great. Now let's go before it gets too late." He paused before tugging Harry up right into his face. "Oh, and Potter?"

    Harry hummed, still staring at Draco's mesmerizing eyes. Draco noticed and his lips curled into a smirk.

    "Don't fall behind."

    And with that, Draco let go of Harry's hand and raced out of the classroom.