Stood up (Quackity)𓅭

Type: fluff and some mild angst (romantic undertones but up to interpretation)

TW: there's swearing and the reader has a breakdown in this, not sure if that counts but I want to be safe

Note: Ur hella cute bae

     You couldn't believe it. After two weeks of talking to this boy, the night you were finally about to meet up, he left you alone at the fanciest restaurant in town, looking stupid because you refused to order anything until he arrived. It was nearly an hour ago that he was supposed to show up. You're young romantic heart imagined him walking through the doors with his stupid nervous grin and a bouquet of beautiful flowers in hand. Instead, you were met with a nosy waiter and a dozen pairs of eyes watching you for the most humiliating hour of your life. Finally, you picked up your phone. Still no texts back. Since text wasn't working you decided to call. The phone rang a total of four times before you heard a voice on the other end.

"yeah?"

what the hell did he mean by that? 

"um yeah this is y/n, we were supposed to go on a date tonight? I've been here for an hour now."

Silence on the other end. Your stomach dropped. There were probably so many red flags that you had ignored, maybe this was on you for being so stupid to fall for someone this shitty.

You heard the sound of laughter on the other end. "uh sorry but I'm not actually into you." More laughter, joined by other voices. Great he was with other assholes laughing at your embarrassment. 

The air caught in your throat and tears welled up in your eyes as your phone screen read: call ended

You went straight to texts to go off at him but you had been blocked.

What a dick.

You hurriedly thanked the waiter and rushed outside into a night shower. You unlocked your car and climbed in the driver's side, the beautiful green dress you'd bought for the occasion soaked by the rain.

Another girl probably would've lifted her chin and shrugged it off, maybe even gotten revenge but you? You were the hopeless romantic type, too softhearted for your own good. You gave everyone the benefit of the doubt and got attached way too quickly. As was the case with mister douch bag tonight. You began driving not wanting to have to answer questions from expecting roommates at home. Your foot pressed into the gas peddle and you gripped the wheel with both hands and drove on autopilot, winding up parked outside of your best friend, Alex's house. You walked to the front door and knocked with a shivering fist. Nothing. You knocked again. Still no answer. you slowly sank to the ground on his front porch and sobbed ruining the makeup that you had put hours into. It was a Saturday night he probably had something better to do than be at home on a weekend waiting around for his pathetic friend to show up with a sob story. When you were on the verge of slinking back to your car, the door creaked open and there stood a concerned Alex with his hair recently slept on and in a t-shirt of his favorite band and black sweatpants.

"Hey, whoa, y/n, I was wondering if someone had knocked. Jeez, you scared me. Oh, are you okay?" 

Your response, unfortunately, was more tears.

Alex glanced around at your car in his driveway and then back to you in your distressed state.

"I'm assuming that date didn't go too well? Let's get you inside."

he grabbed your arm gently helping you to your feet and inside the house.

He left you in the bathroom with a washcloth to take off your makeup and a borrowed sweater and sweatpants from him.

When you had washed your face, changed clothes, and cried in the mirror for five minutes straight, you came out of the bathroom and were met with an anxious Alex offering you a cup of peppermint tea.

"I know you like tea, I wasn't sure what kind. Hope this minty shit is okay."

You quietly thanked him and headed to his room, sitting down cross-legged on his bed, mug in hand. He climbed on behind you, peeking his head over your shoulder to get a better view of your face.

"I will beat his ass. Unless he's a big dude." Alex smiled at you supportively.

"he stood me up, Alex."

Alex laughed. He laughed. 

"dude..." You muttered, not really that offended since you were pretty sure it was his pissed off laugh. 

"I'm sorry, that is so shitty of him. Also what kind of immature ass does that to someone. Also, he's been talking to you for a while, he's got to be an absolute idiot to pull something like that with someone as nice as you. That's embarrassing for him."

"Really?" you ask, once again on the verge of tears.

"Yeah, really, now, do you plan on sleeping with your hair like that?"

"why? am I making you feel short?" you smirked, followed by an unwelcome sniffle.

"shut the fuck up! I'm taking it out." he giggled with mock offense

You had piled your hair up neatly in a braided bun for the date. Your hair was voluminous and thick so the hairstyle gave you at least two extra inches on Alex.

"Go ahead, It'll give me a headache if I sleep with it in any way."

Alex readjusted himself so that he was fully behind you and began working through your hair, removing bobby pins here and there and setting them on his side table. you felt the braid uncoil from the top of your head and fall against your back lightly, then Alex's hands unbraiding your hair. Once the braid was gone, Alex ran his fingers through your hair and swept it over your shoulders neatly.

Suddenly you blurted. "I just feel so stupid for getting played, Alex. I was really excited about this one. I'm also pissed that it's affecting me so much that's so fucking pathetic. Also, I'm totally interrupting your sleep at fucking 11 o'clock which is so annoying of me." your eyes got all blurry as tears streaked down your face, the little droplets dampening your dark hair.

"That's absolute bullshit. I hadn't been sleeping long. Also, he's a dick and obviously has practice at being a player. Don't blame yourself and don't get frustrated that you're emotional. I'm angry for you that was fucked.  Also, I'm glad you came here. I like being there for you when I can." 

He said it calmly, and so matter of factly, and the sincerity of his statement just made you cry harder, you covered your face, embarrassed, and tried to calm yourself down. After a brief moment, you heard Alex lay down behind you, then you felt his arms around your waist pulling you against his chest in a hug. You did your best to calm yourself as he whispered "It's okay." 

He rubbed your back comfortingly and dropped a sweet kiss on your head once or twice.

Eventually, your crying turned to hiccups and your hiccups died down and became shaky breathing. Your body relaxed, comfortable against Alex's. You drifted off minutes later listening to the rain pouring down outside and Alex's soft breathing.

this one is so cute pls...

till next time lovers