Lost (Karl Jacobs)

Type: Fluff

TW: Swearing?

Note: Happy Valentine's Day pretty humans. You are all obligated to be my valentine's date

Nausea settled in your stomach as Karl pulled his car into a parking space. You scanned the scene. It was a huge fair, with a carnival and little stands and huge colorful, and diverse tents featuring countless different things. Your anxiety was skyrocketing but it was Karl's birthday and you were doing everything in your power not to ruin this experience for him. You were the only friend he wanted to invite and you just happened to have severe anxiety in almost any public setting. Sometimes it was mellow or just non-existent but other times it would randomly pop up like an obsessive ex and take over your life. You tried to suppress the feelings but it only made it worse as you exited the car and began walking with Karl. 

"let's go on a scary ride Y/n." He was giddy and beyond excited so you agreed. 

"yeah sure which one." 

"to be honest I think you should try out the drop zone one" 

"Absolutely not." you countered. "not without you."

"no, I'm fucking down. Let's do it" he said confidently but then gave you a skeptical look. 

You laughed at him. His joy watered down your anxiety but it still lingered in the pit of your stomach. 

You made your way through the crowd with him towards the ride. People surrounded you and nobody else seemed to care about personal space. You couldn't really blame them it was crowded. 

 Your head began to spin and you reached for Karl's sweater sleeve so you wouldn't lose him. Your fingers came in brief contact with the soft fabric before it slipped away. You had stopped moving and you felt extremely anxious again. your whole body felt airy and lightheaded and could audibly hear your heart slamming against your chest at a quick pace. When you turned to find Karl, you quickly realized he was completely out of sight.  

People kept shoving past you making your heartbeat pound louder and louder. You hated this. You hated being here. All you wanted was to find your friend and leave but you couldn't bring yourself to move. your feet were firmly planted and wouldn't budge. Tears filled your eyes and a cry rose in your throat. Slowly you sunk in place, to the ground amidst the bust crowds of absentminded people who wouldn't give you a second glance. You cried into your jacket sleeves to muffle the noise. Calling for Karl in between sobs.

Suddenly you felt a tug on your arm and looked up. Karl was gripping your sleeve looking terrified and worried about you. His eyes met yours and guilt smacked you out of nowhere. 

"Y/n, aw, come here love." 

You stood and he pulled you in by your jacket sleeves. his arms wrapped you up in a huge hug. his warm body erased the chills that had been coursing through your body. You lifted your legs around his figure and buried your face in the crook of his neck as he carried you away from the people and to the car. He opened the passenger door and set you down so you could climb in. He moved to close the door but you stopped him by placing your hand on the top of the door and looking at him through teary eyes. 

"Karl, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

He looked taken aback. 

"what's up?"

"I ruined your birthday." you choked

"no, you didn't Y/n. We can go to my house and just hang out instead. I have a bunch of funny movies we can watch and I just went out and bought snacks earlier this week. I promise it's not your fault. okay?" he tilted your chin to look at him and you nodded. 

He smiled softly at you and kissed your cheek enthusiastically. It made you happy to know he was still excited to spend his birthday at home. As long as it was with you. <333

till next time lovers