One Bed Two People (Quackity)𓅭

Type: flufffff

TW: none

Note: Hope everyone is good. I've missed you all

The car breaking down was the worst possible scenario in your mind. You and Alex had been driving all day and for most of the night when your car had started to sputter and make weird noises. You guys had about two more hours to your destination where you were planning on getting a couple of hotel rooms. The two of you were on your way to the in-person streamer awards show. Both of you were grumpy and fed up with the long drive there and the tension between the two of you was unmistakable. Although you guys had always been close friends, you had your moments of irritation and annoyance. Alex liked to push your buttons so you guys would end up bickering. You fell for it every time. Even though you were annoyed with him you still had that nauseous pit in your stomach. You hated fighting with him.

The two of you had found a small bed and breakfast out in the middle of nowhere since there were no hotels for miles. You called ahead and the people there said they only had one extra room. You couldn't really complain because it was either that or you'd be sleeping in your car.

You parked outside the little building.
"It's an old couple who owns it," you told Alex. It was the first time you'd spoken to him in like an hour.
"Apparently they're pretty handy. They said they could look at the car in the morning."
Alex rubbed the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Alright."

You were warmly welcomed in and shown to your room. It was small with very little floor space. Most of the room space was filled by a queen-sized bed. That's right. One bed. Neither you nor Alex mentioned the predicament until the owners left you to settle in. After their footsteps could be heard retreating down the stairs you looked at Alex and groaned.
He smiled sheepishly. "Don't make me sleep on the ground."
You glared at him "I wasn't going to"
"You look like you want to kill me so I just assumed," he said with a bitter laugh
"How about you stop fucking assuming." You muttered tossing your suitcase on one side of the bed.
"Okay asshole, whatever." Alex retorted.
He took off his shoes, beanie, and sweater and climbed into the right side of the bed.
You teared up, grateful that the only light source in the room was a small dusty lamp on the bedside table illuminating hardly anything. It hurt hearing him say shit like that. You knew that was unfair since you'd been doing the same all day.
You crawled into bed next to him making sure to leave as much space as possible. Minutes passed by and instead of getting sleepier you just got more emotional. You couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Alex was mad at you. You didn't want to go to bed angry with him and him angry with you. You hoped he wasn't fucking sleeping. You hoped he was still up thinking about your fights that day too.

He was so mean when he wanted to be. So were you. You could be really damn insensitive at times. You sobbed. It was muffled against the pillow and not a sound Alex would hear if he was sleeping. He shifted behind you. Hot tears rolled down your face and soaked into your pillow.

Alex moved again and you were about to turn around to check on him when you felt his arm slip around your waist and his warm breath on the nape of your neck.
"I'm sorry" he whispered in your ear.
You smiled turning your head slightly towards him.
"Me too."
He gently kissed your cheek and huddled closer to you softly squeezing you tighter. Your skin tingled where he touched. Leaving butterflies in your stomach and a hot flush on your face. You guys had never done so much as a hug. And rarely at that. This felt different but you were too tired to worry about that. You tried to ignore that his arms were enveloping you and his face was so close to your neck that you could feel the warm air escaping his lips. You allowed the steady rhythm of his breathing to lull you to sleep.

Pt 2? maybe? lmk

till next time lovers