Kissing Practice (Quackity)

this is going to be based off of the scene in Some Kind of Wonderful, if you haven't watched it you should, it's an adorable RomCom, and it's a perfect comfort movie.

Type: fluff, as usual. idk if this could be considered angsty but the ending is a little sad

TW: Cursing? ig

Note: keep in mind you don't always have to be okay mentally or like the way you look or act. Healing and self-care can sometimes be a long process, believe in yourself and have some hope.

"shiiiiit. I can't even remember the last time I went on a date." 

you lifted your eyebrows in amused acknowledgment as you watched your friend pacing back and forth before you. you lay stomach first on your bed, a pillow tucked neatly beneath your upper body and your chin in your hands. 

"Personally I think you should just admit that you're freaking out."

"Nah, okay listen," Alex replied a little too quickly. 

"I'm not freaking out. Am I a little nervous? yeah, sure, but freaking out? definitely not. Ladies love me."

"Okay." you snorted followed by a major eye-roll. "sure." 

Alex let out a long steady sigh before ceasing his routine pace and facing you with a dorky grin. 

"how do I look?"

You admired him for a moment knowing that was all you would receive, he wasn't dressed up for you, after all. He got asked to be a plus one at some fancy dinner by some chick who he'd met like twice. and she mesmerized him in the blink of an eye, caught him all up in her glorious beauty in an instance, even when you had spent the majority of your life loving him with a quiet but adoring softness that had somehow gone unnoticed by fateful oblivion, he still allowed himself to be carried away with a random girl who still referred to him as Quackity even though he'd asked her to use his real name many times. You gazed at your best friend's twinkling dark brown eyes as he smiled causing butterflies to rally in your stomach. he looked nice, more than that even, he looked beautiful. His beanie had been removed and his long dark hair combed and cleanly positioned. he wore a suit and a tie that was more than slightly shuffled.

"you look like an amateur. How many of these fancy dinners have you ever been to Alex." 

"Okay, amateur you asshole? You're such a hater. I've got this. " 

"oh sure, you do. and don't tell me, I'm sure you know how to perfectly woo a woman even without experience and I'm sure you're a great kisser as well." 

You hopped off your bed and walked over to a nervous-looking Alex. You reached out and neatly straightened his tie.

"y-you think she'll want to kiss me?" 

You looked up to meet his wide brown eyes, he looked scared for sure but you also recognized the look of hope beginning to spiral. You felt the need to crush that feeling.

"well for your sake let's hope not. I doubt you know how."

You turned away from him hoping he wouldn't see through your mask of rude comments and snarky taunting. it really hurt seeing him devote so much effort and time and thought to this girl. it wasn't fair. You expected him to counter you with sarcasm or perhaps take a jab at your failed love life, but what came instead was a meek question,

"but you'll help me right?"

you took a seat on your bed and faced him again, confusion and laughter filling your features. 

"with what? kissing?"

he looked at the floor. you noticed the smallest hint of a blush rising in his cheekbones. 

"I mean...I don't know what I'm doing and I'm not saying that you do,"

you scoffed. "well thank you."

"But," he continued. "you're a girl, maybe you have tips."

A surge of stupid boldness seemed to bolt through your muscles as this opportunity arose.

"Okay fine," you said. 

"How about I just show you how to kiss a girl Alex if you're that clueless."

Alex's smile returned. 

"but...you don't mean that...we...you want me to kiss you?" he finally asked.

"hmm already you're struggling to pick up on cues right away, that's a bad sign,"  you said. 

"Isn't that weird though, especially if I go and kiss her afterward? and you an-and me? I don't know..." 

"Nah, it's not like you're dating her yet, you hardly know her, and besides we've been friends all our lives, even if it's awkward I'm sure you'll get over it."

he shrugged. 

"I guess, but are you sure." 

You nodded holding out your hands. he glanced down at his palms before quickly wiping them on his shirt. 

"I might be sweating." his tone was shy and hesitant but you took his hands with confidence and guided them to your waist. He met your eyes his face very red. 

"Now what?" he asked. 

you felt like an earthquake was occurring inside of you but to your surprise, your hands weren't shaking as they reached up you cup Alex's face. 

"Now you kiss me," you whispered pulling him closer. His grip on your waist was loose and you could feel his breath against your face. it smelled like peppermints.

"fuck. okay," he whispered back.

you only had a single second to register that you had waited an eternity for this moment before his lips were on yours. And they didn't leave, they weren't reluctant or scared, they were strong and soft and the kiss was full and sweet, the minty aroma filled your sense as you melted into his presence. His grip on your waist tightened and soon you found yourself standing with your arms around his neck and his arms tangled around your waist. The kiss ended abruptly. The two of you stumbled away from each other flushed and breathless. you hadn't realized it until this point but you had tears forming in your eyes and it must've been the first thing Alex noticed because he asked cautiously if you were okay. You nodded fighting the tears. it still wasn't fair that he didn't love you, not the way you loved him.

"holy shit. we just kissed." his mouth was slightly agape as he looked at you in astonishment. 

"Are you sure you're fine?"

You just shook your head rubbing your eyes.

"go get her, she's one lucky girl." was all you could say.

till next time lovers