Miss you (Karl Jacobs)♡

Type: Fluff (romantic or platonic, up to interpretation)

TW: None

Note: YOU'RE PERFECT SHUT UP

Your week had been chaotic, to the point where on a Sunday afternoon, when you finally had a chance to relax, you could barely find it in yourself to catch your breath, you were too stressed, too tired, too stimulated. Your brain was overloading.

You whipped out your iPhone from your hoodie pocket and went straight to the messaging app. You opened your childhood best friend's contact. Karl Jacobs. You had been close with him since the day you met in 6th grade and grew closer every year, which was uncommon in childhood friendships. He was such a big part of your life that when you were separated from Karl for more than a few days it felt like your whole world turned upside down, you knew you could never admit that to him. You couldn't tell him how much you missed him.

you texted:

Y/N: When are you getting back with Jimmy?

Karl was currently at the end of a two-week-long trip with Jimmy filming some video. You didn't know the specifics but you did know that Karl was supposed to be back that afternoon and you were looking forward to seeing him.

Karl: Um I think sometime before 1:30

Y/N: okay, we should hang out. My house? 2:00?"

Karl: but I'm really tired and 2 gives me half an hour to recuperate. Sounds like u miss me

Y/N: pfft, nope I just need someone to bring me coffee. I've been up since five. Please and thank you

Karl: still sounds like you miss me, I'll be there @3:30?

Y/N: sure sounds good

you were sitting in your living room on your sofa trying to contain your excitement. It was ten minutes past 3:30. You pulled out your phone to text him when the door swung open and there in the doorway was Karl Jacobs. He looked tired and run down but just his presence alone was like a breath of fresh air.

"I'm late I know," he said as he struggled to remove his sneakers. You jumped up from the couch.
"but please don't kill me because I have a really good excuse, I promise."

You stood in front of him for a second and smiled at him. He looked down at you mid-yawn and smiled sleepily. You slipped your arms around his waist and rested your cheek against his sweater.  he smelled like cinnamon. Hugging back gently he asked with a soft giggle, "Wait did you actually miss me that much,

"of course not" You muttered but you could tell he didn't believe you because he pulled you in closer and held you tighter. He was such a safe space for you, and being tucked away in his embrace gave you a warm sense of peace washing away all the stress that had been wearing you down from the past week.

Karl is just so...dhfhkhfaslqqidvjiqewdlifhgliuaoigpihae ya know??

till next time lovers