Venting Session (Purpled)

Type: Slight angst, really cute platonic shit

TW:family issues, mentions of emotional abuse, swearing

Note: This chapter was created purely for my own comfort purposes lol, pls, take part in being comforted with me

Your shoulders shook aggressively as sobs wracked your whole body, curled up under your desk.

pathetic

Your whole life you'd been looking out for your three younger siblings. When your mom passed away suddenly two years ago you were right there holding your head up high as they cried into your hoodie. When your emotionally abusive, narcissistic father ran the four of you like recruits at a BootCamp all day long, you were there for your siblings. When he began dating his toxic girlfriend who got him into drinking and fought with almost every night she stayed for dinner, you were the one to take your siblings to Mcdonalds or DQ to get them away temporarily. You were only seventeen after-all, there wasn't much you could do.

You had friends yes, but you were there for them, not the other way around, you were terrified they'd all leave if they found out how much you struggled. Although, there was one person...Your best friend Grayson. He was there when your mother died, he was there when your father's abuse got worse and when your dad brought over his new girlfriend for the first time. Grayson was always a silent comfort. Although you never really opened up, he always knew what was going on and never left.

You texted him asking if he would mind coming over. He responded saying he just ended stream and was on his way.

well shit I made him end stream that was selfish. Oh well, no going back now.

"Yoooo," Graysons voice sounded as he swung open your door, revealing you on your bedside, wet mascara streaked unattractivly down your face, your hair disheveled and your eyes red from crying. You nervously fidgeted with your sweater paws as Grayson stood there mouth slightly open in mild shock.

"heeeyyyy..." you said lamely, trying with desperation to lighten the situation.

"hii..." He replied.

"did I come at a bad time?"

"No its okay, I actually was hoping we could talk? I mean like I could talk, and you could listen? was that rude? I'm sorry that was so rude. That's not what I meant."

"no yeah yeah, you need a venting session? I gotchu." Grayson sat down beside you lifted up a strand of hair that had plastered itself to your damp face.

"You have stuff on your face."

"its mascara Grayson."

"oh."

You took the piece of hair from him and tucked it behind your ear, your eyes dropping to ground.

the silence was so fucking loud it made you feel like throwing up

"I'm sorry this was lame. you should go." You sputtered covering your face with your hands.

Grayson took your hand away from your face and held it in both of his.
"no, I'm already here. I think you're long over due for a venting session anyways."

he wasn't going to leave? he wanted to stay...

You didn't respond because tears were forming in the corners of your eyes and your throat was tightening with emotions. Instead you allowed yourself to collapse against Grayson's lean figure, hoping to God he wouldn't hate you for it. He was never one for physical affection and you did not want to scare him off.

but the way he gently wrapped you up in a warm hug and kissed the top of your head was almost worse because it just made you cry harder.

"You're pushing yourself way to hard aren't you?" he whispered.

You just nodded because speaking wasn't even an option at this point.

He rubbed your arm and you felt the light pressure of his cheek resting against the top of your head. You didn't let this last, although it was the most comforting thing you'd experienced in years. You pulled away leaving your hand in his. You took in a couple breaths until they weren't unsteady and shaky any longer and looked back at Grayson. His eyes were serious which wasn't something you knew he was capable of being.

and just like that, you opened your mouth and the words poured out of them, telling him about all the feelings and thoughts, re-counting your dad's infuriating actions from the past week. it wasn't a very long venting session but it was a helpful one.

"man your life is shit." he said.

You snorted, leading to a loud fit of laughter, something that usually occured when you were faced with a serious situation.

"kind of." you giggled when you had regained control.

The sky was getting dark and Grayson's mom needed him home, so you stood on unbalanced weak legs, physically exhausted from your crying and then laughing episodes.

"sooo...did you want another hug or???" Grayson asked looking at you with expectancy.

"Yes." You squeezed him around the waist and relaxed into the embrace.

"You're not lame and I'm proud of you." He said as you pulled apart.

"thanks, love you Gray."

"love you too, call me tomorrow?"

You nodded and watched him walk out of your bedroom entrance, closing the door behind him. You weren't healed or problem-free by any means but for that night you were comforted and you felt thoroughly loved, and that was enough.

SO UM I was thinking about adding purpled into this book, I'll probably make a chapter in the near future to catch him up on all the missed preferences. I hope you've enjoyed it so far! <3

till next time lovers