Be My Girl? (Quackity)𓅭

Type: Fluff (romantic ofc)

TW: swearing

Note:  Gorgeous, you look fine as hell.

You exhaled a slow and shaky breath as you sat down on your bed. 

Enclosed in the safety of your room, your exhaustion and anxiety finally gave in and you had allowed a small little breakdown. It wasn't a big deal. It really wasn't. You felt dumb for crying over something so trivial but you let it slide this once. Your boss had yelled at you for messing up a coffee order at the small Cafe where you worked. She was usually very bubbly and kind and she had even apologized genuinely an hour or so later. She explained that her day hadn't been going well and she never intended to take it out on you. You had smiled and forgave her in a heartbeat but it really stuck with you. It wasn't a surprise. 

Little things like these ruined your whole day all the time. You were grateful your shift was over mid-day and that you still had time to do something productive and distracting before bed. 

Unfortunately, homework needed to be done so you sat down at your desk and switched on your lamp. Only fifteen minutes later you slumped in your seat defeatedly. The motivation you needed to finish studying just wasn't there. You guiltily picked up your phone to watch tiktoks as procrastination, but a text appeared on your lock screen from your close friend Quackity asking if you wanted to go to the park downtown and hang out. You quickly answered yes, thankful for an escape. 

Quackity waved at you as you switched off your car's engine. You waved back. It was late November. The trees were dead and lifeless and a bitter stinging wind met you as you stepped out of the car and shut the door. 

"Thanks, dude. I really needed a break." You said approaching him. 

"no problem, I missed you anyway." 

You blushed. Quackity and you were friends. You knew that, but there had always been this unspoken chemistry between the two of you that neither one would admit to.  You knew that he liked you and vice versa but no one had done anything about it. Although you'd love to be with him you weren't sure you were bold enough to make the first move. 

The two of you walked and talked for a while. The park had a pathway that was short but pretty. It went by a small pond where you'd sometimes find ducks hunting for fish or taking a bath. 

Quackity lent you his scarf because you were shivering in your coat and hat and he claimed he didn't need it. 

"Race you to the swings." he challenged. Giving you no time to react he started running straight for the playground. You followed twigs and leaves crunching under your heavy boots. You sat down on the nearest swing out of breath from running. 

Alex hopped off his swing and began pushing you lightly. You dragged your feet along the ground contentedly watching as the sun lowered in the sky. 

"Um, Y/n. I have something I need to talk to you about."

You halted on the swing and turned to look at him. 

"What?" 

"So we've been friends for a while and I think we both know there's something more- or could be something more..." He trailed off and started fidgeting with the hem of his jacket. 

You were blushing when he caught your eye. You smiled and nodded. This encouraged him to continue. 

"I want you to be more than my friend" he finished. 

"be my girl?" 

You nearly cried out of nervousness, joy, and a million other emotions you couldn't identify. 

You knew he liked you but hearing it said out loud was the best thing that could've happened to you that day.

He was looking at the ground now blushing immensely and it was the cutest thing you'd ever seen. 

"I'd love to." You said smiling. 

He looked up with the hugest grin on his face. 

"Really, oh my fucking gosh you have no idea how nervous I was." 

"You thought I'd say no?" You asked giggling. 

"No, I mean...I don't know." 

You reached your hand out expectantly. He looked at you adoringly before taking it. His hand was warm and his grasp on yours was gentle but firm. 

"You just made my day Quackity." You said. 

He laughed. "I made your day? You're cute." he raised your hand up to his face and kissed the back of it quickly. 

The two of you sat and watched the sunset together, his arm securely around your waist and your head resting on his shoulder as the sky turned a deep, warm, golden orange. The first of many more sunsets to come.

<3

till next time lovers