Kissing Practice Pt 2 (Quackity)

Type: Fluff

TW: swearing

Note ily v much. I hope you're doing well and being patient and kind to yourself

Alex left your house in a hurry after your kiss, claiming he was going to be late but you had a sinking feeling that he just wanted to be away from you, could you blame him? Kissing your best friend might have been the dumbest decision you'd ever made. Did you regret it though? Given enough time you might but at the moment you felt strangely giddy. Even if he never realized how you felt, at least you had kissed him once. As the day went on and the skies darkened into a deep orange sunset, you knew Alex was with his date, probably having the time of his life making her laugh at his dumb jokes and making her fall for him, because who wouldn't fall in love with him? he had the perfect amount of charm when he wanted to. He was smart and genuine and he deserved to be happy, but you couldn't stand the thought of him and another girl dating. did that make you selfish? or just madly and pathetically in love? 

"stop!" you groaned, covering your face with your hands. Your thoughts wouldn't stop racing through your mind and your head had begun to throb with a threatening headache. 

You walked slowly to your kitchen and started boiling water for tea, you wanted to go to bed early so you could stop thinking about Alex and his dinner date. Maybe you'd feel better in the morning. You brewed some chamomile, you're favorite. after adding honey to your tea, you took out your phone half expecting, half hoping you had a text from Alex. You did. He'd sent a picture of himself with the limo driver flipping off the camera. Classic Alex. But you wondered where his date was. Maybe she got sick. You chuckled to yourself. Probably wishful thinking. You took your tea to your room and sat on your bed. Netflix browsing, journaling, you tried anything and everything to distract yourself from the thought of Alex. You checked your phone. No texts but you did notice that it was almost 10 PM. you sighed and went through your nightly routine. you washed our face, followed by a few simple skincare steps, then you changed into leggings and an oversized t-shirt.  you lay in bed on your back trying to fight the sickening feeling in your stomach. You weren't looking forward to hearing non-stop from Alex, about how the date went, about the girl. All you wanted was to sleep but that didn't seem like it was going to happen. The quietness of the house was unnerving and you missed Alex's laugh. A loud noise rang through the house. Your brow furrowed. it was late. who would be at your house at this time? and with that thought, the worst-case scenarios flashed across your mind. Creepy dude with an axe. Someone bearing the news of a family member's death. You didn't move a muscle. Your phone screen flashed as a notification popped up against your background. Alex had texted:

 'Let me in dumbass.' 

Oh shit. you rushed downstairs and flung open the door. 

"Alex. It's almost 11 at night." 

"I know," he said. You waited for more of an explanation but none came. You stepped aside letting him inside before shutting the door. He was still wearing his suit but he'd through a worn black hoodie over it. If the two of you hadn't just kissed for the first time a few hours ago you would have probably teased the hell out of him. He looked like a dork. He shoved his hands into his pockets and shuffled to the living room, sitting down on your sofa. you took a seat across from him on your bean bag chair. 

"soooo, how was it?" you asked, not entirely sure you wanted an answer. 

Alex laughed. "um. so. She tried to kiss me."

you raised your eyebrows as your heart sank into the bottom of your stomach. 

"oh?" 

"yeah I didn't kiss her," he muttered with an awkward chuckle. 

"Oh." You repeated. You didn't know what to say. Why hadn't he kissed her?

"I actually think I was a pretty awful date. I even had a hard time talking to her." 

You folded your hands and took a deep breath trying to appear as the supportive best friend, but inside your stomach was turning loop di loops.

"Sorry if this sounds crazy, but I think it was your fault." 

"excuse me?" 

"yeah, you fucking kissed me, and then I couldn't stop thinking about you for the whole entirety of my date and the fact that I wouldn't mind kissing you again. like at all. so, I kind of swerved her." 

You held up your hands. "wait wait wait. let me get this straight. You dodged a total babe when she tried to kiss you, just because I  kissed you once"

"you're making confessing to you not fun and scarier than it already is." 

"aw cute, I'm making you nervous." You teased, ignoring your pounding heart. 

"I'm not nervous!" he said indignantly, his voice rising an octave. 

"Alex." you moved from your bean bag to the couch next to him. He blushed. 

"your hands are shaking." he pointed out, followed by an adorable giggle. 

"why are they shaking?" 

"I don't know." You shrugged. 

"you make me nervous too." 

He smiled and a pretty light blush graced his cheeks.

you looked up to meet his eyes and held eye contact for a long moment. He reached out to tuck your hair back behind your ear. You become flustered and looked down, only to have him gently lift your chin.

"Y/n. Can I kiss you again? No more practice."

"yeah, yeah you can." 

He hesitated as if trying to work up the courage. You took this as an opportunity and leaned in, kissing him quickly and softly. 

In a rush of affection, he grabbed your hips and pulled you on top of him, kissing you again. His dark hair swept across your forehead and his hands gently held your face. As the kiss ended you fell against him and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. He held you close to him in a hug and rocked the two of you lightly back and forth in nervous excitement. You couldn't have felt luckier than you did at that moment in his arms. 

both @ Jupsjup and @bibileer requested this. I hope this chapter is up to your expectations! I kind of rushed it but I may go back and edit a little more later. Thank you for wanting a part two, I know that's such a small thing but it really means a lot. lmao love you all

till next time lovers