Tumbler

Real Name:

Thomas Urban

Species:

Bang Baby

Hair:

Brown (Human)

Eyes:

Black (Human) Blue (Metahuman)

Powers:

Sphere Transformation, Mobile Invulnerability, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, Enhanced Speed, Enhanced Balance, Enhanced Agility, Enhanced Jumping, Enhanced Ricocheting, Enhanced Dexterity, Enhanced Reflexes, Strong/Spiked Shell, Momentum Defiance, Energy Deflection, Acid Immunity, Radiation Immunity, Lava Immunity, Plasma Immunity, Cold Resistance, Heat Resistance, and Space Survivability

Affiliations:

Ulti-Meta Gang

Voiced by:

Dee Bradley Baker

Appearance

He's a boy with white skin, brown hair, and black eyes. He wears a black short-sleeved shirt, grey pants, and white converse shoes. As a metahuman, he has a hulking, broad-shouldered body covered in natural, black armor plating on his back, shoulders, and the backs of his arms. He has grey skin, with white on his upper half. He also has four black claws protruding from both of his paws. With a shell that has spikes. He has two on each back segment and one on each shoulder, wrist, and leg plate. He also has no hair and has blue eyes.

Personality

Thomas is a good leader and knows what being a true leader is all about. He lets other metahumans fight along with him and his team and is supportive by telling them that they did a good job.

Powers/Abilities

He can curl into a ball, encasing himself in his plating. When rolled up, he becomes a motorized wheel that can move at great speed and can increase his rotational momentum to slam into or run over his enemies. He can maneuver around his surroundings in ball form registering shifts in air and motion around him. Despite his top-heavy body, Tumbler has supernatural reflexes, dexterity, and balance, allowing him to quickly change in and out of ball form to suit his immediate needs. The spikes on his shell increase his defense and offensive abilities. In his ball form, he has increased speed and momentum and can bounce higher. He's able to withstand energy weapons, only to be pushed back. Tumbler can ricochet and bounce off surfaces like a pinball in sphere form, suffering a little-to-no loss in momentum. Tumbler can use his sphere form to increase his agility by quickly opening up his ball shape while airborne. Tumbler can house people and fairly large objects within his spheroid form and provide them the same level of protection that he has. He has enhanced strength, as he can smash Four Arms to the ground with his fists with ease. He's able to withstand radiation and can't be trapped by sticky adhesives due to his spiked shell. He doesn't lose momentum in his ball form because his spikes give him more traction. In his ball form, he can roll on walls as his spikes allow him to grip through the wall. His spikes give him a better grip to roll on almost any surface without slipping. From inside his shell, Tumbler can withstand twice the heat of reentry into the Earth's atmosphere. Similarly, his shell is resistant to acids and lava, as well as cold temperatures of places such as Antarctica, and can withstand plasma. Tumbler's shell can deflect lasers, even when not in sphere form. Because of this, he is practically nigh-invulnerable when curled into a ball. Tumbler is capable of withstanding the vacuum of space.

Weaknesses

Tumbler's metal shell makes him more top-heavy than Four Arms, meaning that he's slower and more unbalanced when walking. He can be stuck by sticky surfaces, like mud. Tumbler has a durability limit. An electrical force field can topple Tumbler. Tumbler can be incapacitated by electricity generated from Static, Magnetta, and any type of electric power. Due to his shell being made of metal, he can be magnetized by Magnetta.

History

Before the Big Bang, he was overweight and clumsy. The only sports he was ever good at were bowling and swimming. He was ridiculed by kids at his school for being fat. He went to the docks to go for a swim, but he got into a fight with Francis and Wade's gang as one of them threw him towards the cans of Quantum Gas and when he tried to get away from the cans, they were shot and spread all over him as he started inhaling a lot of the gas. His body became hulked and broad-shouldered, his hair disappeared, and grew a shell with sharp spikes. He was shocked at first, but when he discovered what he can do, he decided to become a hero. He met two other Bang Babies that ended up like him and wanted to be heroes too. They decided to team up and call themselves the Ulti-Meta Gang with Tumbler as their leader.

His appearance is the same as Ultimate Cannonbolt from Ben 10: Ultimate Alien but in different colors. The differences are that he has spikes in his non-Sphere form instead of cylindrical studs. The two Bang Babies that Tumbler will meet are who I'll be introducing in the next two chapters. I'll explain why he and his two friends are called the Ulti-Meta Gang later in this story. Please Review.