Soundwave

Real Name:

Scott Wilson

Species:

Bang Baby

Hair:

Black (Human)

Eyes:

Blue (Human) Green (Metahuman)

Powers:

Audiokinesis, Duplicating Sonic Disks, Sonokinetic Flight, Sonic Force Fields, Sonic Combustion, Sonic Repulsion, Sonic Screams, Airwave Generation, Space Survivability, Temperature Resistance, Enhanced Strength, Enhanced Durability, Enhanced Dexterity, Enhanced Agility, Enhanced Flight Speed, and Airwave Manipulation

Affiliations:

Ulti-Meta Gang

Voiced by:

Dee Bradley Baker

Appearance

He's an African American boy with blue eyes and black hair. He wears a black t-shirt with a white boombox, blue pants, black converse shoes, white headphones around his neck, and a white baseball cap facing sideways. As a metahuman, he has a tall blue containment suit with black stripes and is made of living sound waves. However, his height doesn't change as he stays the same size as he was before. He has an overall rounded design, long arms, and legs, and stumped feet. He also has 15 blue, removable speaker-like disks attached to his body called Sonic Disks and a marking on his back resembling a cassette tape. He has no hair and has green eyes. His mouth doesn't move when he speaks and his voice is robotic-sounding, making him sound similar to a speaker.

Personality

Scott loves playing DJ music and knows how to use DJ sets. He's willing to use his powers to help people and prevent villains from hurting other people.

Powers/Abilities

He can release sonic screams and ultrasonic waves from the Sonic Disks on his body, which are powerful enough to throw heavy enemies through several buildings at once, break diamonds, and paralyze enemies with sensitive hearing. He can create force fields out of sonic waves that are strong enough to contain blasts from nuclear fusion grenades. He can also use his sonic waves to push objects. He can fly as fast as a cheetah and can survive in the vacuum of space. He can also produce airwaves, as he can use his sonokinetic powers while in space. He has enhanced strength, enough to break down metal doors. Soundwave is extremely resistant to high and low temperatures from the Lut Desert in Iran to Antarctica. He's durable enough to withstand being thrown through the walls of buildings. Soundwave can unleash sonic waves from his hands to push back his enemies and break crystal shards. He can also send out the Sonic Disks on his body to project powerful sonic blasts, which can knock someone out, and destroy projectiles, or even a military tank, with ease. He can multiply the Sonic Disks once they have separated from his body, creating as many as needed. He can use his Sonic Disks to use an extremely deadly move called Sonic Doom, where his discs surround his enemy and fire full sonic blasts. This move is powerful enough to stop his enemies and knock them unconscious. Soundwave's Sonic Disks can continue flying and attacking unless he wants to. His sound abilities can be used even in the vacuum of space.

Weaknesses

Because Soundwave's containment suit is made of metal, he can be easily magnetized by Static and Magnetta. Soundwave and his Sonic Disks are vulnerable to electricity. He can be suffocated if a large amount of matter enters his lungs. Soundwave's Sonic Disks aren't very durable, as they can be destroyed by laser blasts or powerful energy attacks. He can be knocked out of the sky by heroes or villains with as much strength as a Kryptonian.

History

Before the Big Bang, he wanted to be a DJ and play music CDs. He met Byron when they were in 1st grade and became best friends ever since. They would play music together, go to music CD stores, would listen to Hip-Hop songs, and play on DJ sets. When Byron introduce Scott to his sister Miranda, they started to become good friends. Miranda saw him as another brother, for he was friendly and was willing to let her join them. He was also willing to help them after their parents died as they fell on hard times, leaving the peace of suburbia and moving into a Dakota housing project. Scott moved with them as his parents died too. But all that changed when the Big Bang started. After stepping in a spill from the Big Bang, Byron became a living boom box able to generate and direct powerful sonic pulses while Miranda gained the power to create illusions. They both called themselves Boom and Mirage. But with Scott, he was in between the cans of Quantum Gas when he tried to hide from Francis and Wade's gang until they were shot and spread all over him as he started inhaling a lot of the gas. His body began to become living sound waves with a blue containment suit, he became more overall rounded, his arms and legs grew long, his feet became stumped, Sonic Disks appeared on his body, his hair disappeared, his eyes became green, he was unable to move his mouth, and his voice started to sound like a speaker. He started to call himself Soundwave. Desperate to return to their normal lives, Byron saw his newfound powers as an excuse to commit robberies and forced his sister into a life of theft. When Miranda began to question her brother's actions, he would always use their aging grandmother as an explanation. But, Scott wanted to use his powers for good and to help people. So when Byron asked Scott to join him and his sister, he refused. Byron was so enraged that his best friend wouldn't join him and his sister in a life of crime. Scott told him that he had no interest in stealing and becoming a villain. Then Byron attacked Scott, which shocked Miranda. Scott tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't listen. So he had no choice but to fight his best friend. They fought furiously with their powers. Soundwave won and defeated Byron. He tried to convince Miranda to join him, but Miranda decided to stay with Byron. As much as she wanted to join Soundwave, she couldn't leave her brother. Scott understood why she couldn't. Byron got up and joined Miranda as he said to Scott that they are no longer best friends. Miranda couldn't believe what he said. Soundwave felt betrayed and heartbroken, even though he didn't show any emotions. He realized that the Big Bang has changed Byron into a new person that has gone insane with villainy. He knew that there was no point talking him out of it because he won't listen or be reasoned. After that, he flew away, never to be seen again by Byron and Miranda. Miranda started to miss Scott for he was more like a brother to her than a best friend. Weeks after leaving Byron and Miranda, he met two other Metahumans who ended up like him. Together they became the Ulti-Meta Gang.

His appearance is the same as Ultimate Echo Echo from Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, but with a different name. I thought it would be interesting to have Scott being Byron's best friend turned enemy. They also seem to have the same power, but with Soundwave having more unique sound powers than Boom. I now have one more Ulti-Meta Gang member to introduce. Please Review.