Once Upon A Valentine's Day

It was the year 2002 on a Thursday, Valentine's Day at 1pm in Castle Church where Emmy Langenkamp sat on her stomach with a wooden pencil in her hand and an opened notebook as her best friend Carolina Cochran sat near her with their shared door open to let the heavy hot California weather breeze in. Even though, it was highly impossible to feel any other wind in the town of Petaluma. The Castle Church staff declared all the students to bring out a fan that can wave counterclockwise. Emmy and Carolina just so happened to place it in the center of their sprawled out window.

Meanwhile, Emmy was writing what she dimmed 'secretive' as Carolina sat cross legged and careless to examine her fingers to eat at her cuticles. A moment like this was not unusual, Emmy always wrote something as Carolina just sat there looking dolly as ever.

But it was only Carolina who cared about the Valentine's Day party that one of their classmates and staff were holding this afternoon.

"So, since you're never going to tell me what you're writing in that little diary of yours. I hereby say, we go to this Valentine's Day party and get wasted!" Carolina turns to Emmy who is ever so studious, moving her hands like fireworks to emphasize the underage drinking part.

Emmy turns her head to Carolina, appearing serious and wanting to jolt out of her bed to do her portion of laundry from a basket a top of a wooden bench, in front of them, "I don't know Carolina, it's always a circus whenever Elias gets to have the opportunity to do this. Something always goes wrong." she shrugs.

"Not gonna be as bad as when he threw up on you when we were 12 and doing a play. "Carolina reminds her of the horrible memory.

"I don't know why he even tries to win you back even after, you broke things off with him."

"Because his ego has grown so big that it is practically the size of his head. And sadly, I was his only first and last serious love. Not even counting Sister Greta here or half the school chasing after, him."

Carolina whined to slam her limbs a top of her upper thighs, "Look, we don't have to go just for him. We can go to get unnecessarily drunk and stuff our pretty faces with the food that's available. So, we can be sick the next morning and look cute while, we're at it." and she shrugs, sounding like there was nothing wrong with her side of the plan.

Emmy and Carolina's laundry were evenly just a bunch of their uniforms that is the only thing they ever wore outside of Castle Church because apparently, bringing in unnecessary attire was forbade on church grounds.

But speaking of the devil, "Who are we not going after?" it was Elias who peaked out his face causing the two to gasp and turn their immediate direction towards him with Emmy dropping her white collared shirt in the process.

"Elias, you're not supposed to be in this hallway. It is for girls only!" Emmy walks toward him to close the door on his face. So, he can leave but he wouldn't budge instead, he ignored whatever Emmy was telling him.

"Are you forgetting there is a sign outside that says, it is a girls only hallway?" Although, Castle Church was a small and remote location. The inside of the building was bigger than, the outside. As hallways were separated into two for male and female, one on the right and one on the left. There was the main lobby which is the first thing you'd walk into that was right across from the dining room.

Obviously, there was outdated decoration that made it seem like spring had come to appear like Castle Church was not overall an old and dirty building.

Emmy wanted to tell him off like she always does yet, he caught her off guard at the worst time to twirl her around for a random little dance as he only spoke to Carolina about his part of the Valentine's Day event, "So, are you guys attending the Valentine's Day party that Sister Greta and I are hosting this afternoon?"

"Yeah, I'm trying to convince Emmy but she doesn't want to go." Emmy heard Carolina and rolled her eyes like she wasn't stating the most obvious reason why. Literally, acting like she wasn't present.

"Well, you guys are going and I hope to see you there." He commands so calmly.

And finally, Elias allowed Emmy to stand in front of him after, their little moment, "And you're coming, my sweet dear-"

Emmy immediately put her hand on Elias's perched lips out the door to cut him off, seeing that he was trying to lean in for a kiss, she hissed, "Ew." with a hint of disgust and following what she had initially wanted to do earlier.

Closing the door in front of his face, he sees this and creepily whispers, "I love you."

She couldn't hear on the other side but Emmy acted like the door was him, "Perv." Sighs as she tries to continue her laundry, "So, are we going or what?" but instead, to perk up at Carolina, who still really wanted to attend for some strange reason.

Emmy sighed once more, "Yeah, we will go." as this made Carolina, the happiest person in the room.

She was face to face with her best friend, tightly grabbing her hands and holding them up in the air like this afternoon wasn't going to be the best time of their lives, "Under one condition." Emmy wanted to make this straight as she wanted to make this clear and Carolina was there to be stern and serious to listen.

"Let me finish writing what I need to write first. After, I'm done with laundry, and we can chill up until 5pm? That's when it is supposed to start right? According, to the flyer that is everywhere we go in this god forsaken building."

"Correct. And it sounds like a deal, Miss Langenkamp." The smug look slowly appearing on Carolina's face was what Emmy couldn't resist like they had the most risky plan to go to.