Madness Mayhem

Zelda practically carried her girlfriend as blood from her neck was spilling out of her, trailing across the ground of the hallway into Carolina and Emmy's room as they ran.

Duke on the other hand, he wasn't where he was supposed to be where the rest of them would've seen him standing near the entrance. It still appears to be that the invisible force has taken over as the door.

Carolina turns her head in huffs, "Where's Duke?"

"He's not here?" Emmy turns her head too with a frown, they speak loudly to each other. She begins to shout for him to which Carolina joined.

"Duke! DUKE! DUKE! WHERE ARE YOU?"

"DUKE! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Duke clearly was missing. Someone might've quietly taken him.

As they were now near the door, Elias and Zelda didn't see that both Carolina and Emmy went in. But they stood outside for only a little bit, as Carolina stopped dead in her tracks with Emmy trying to continue following them.

She examines Carolina's current behavior, grasping both her hands on her shoulders to somehow knock some nonsense, "Why are you stopping, we have to help Topanga?" Inching a bit closer to her face now.

"I can't, can't go in without Duke." Whereas Carolina was on the verge of tears through her shaking stutter alike Emmy. Emmy really wanted to be the bigger person at this point.

"I know, we have to find him. But we have to help our friend, Topanga okay from the-" Emmy was going to mention the game but she soon discovered that she accidentally left it there. Thinking that it was going to happily greet her as she opened her hand.

She curses, "Fucking shit!" Mad at herself.

"I'll go look for him because now, I left the board game." Rolling her eyes in the process.

"What? Why'd you leave it?" It was Carolina & Emmy through a fit of whispers once again.

"I can't focus on other things but the game was the one thing that started it all."

"Let's fix up Topanga. Before, we all figure something out for me to go back there." They go to their room, closing the door from behind with Carolina thinking that their best idea is to lock it and shield its frame with such objects nearby like a shoe display that's filled of their shoes only for now. Since, the hallway was utter silence without Duke or Father Keith around.

Carolina and Emmy were met with Zelda on the tile floor of their bathroom by the shower, cradling Topanga as she bled some more. While, Elias was trying to find the first aid kit, "Carolina? Emmy? Where do you guys keep the first aid kit?"

Emmy answers, "Underneath the sink!" Luckily, it was underneath the sink where it was a small box containing more than what it was needed.

She then, turns back to Carolina's direction, "You occupy the front door and Elias and I will patch up Topanga, okay?" Emmy tilts her head a bit for Carolina's understanding to which, she complies, "Okay."

"But grab the nearest weapon with you, just to be sure."

"EMMY, I KINDA NEED YOUR HELP HERE!" Everyone panicked. Especially, Elias who interrupted. He was the worst one out of all of them.

Emmy repeats, "I'm here, I'm here!"

She stands for a bit and sits down near, Topanga as the bathroom spread open to Carolina's viewing, she made sure not to be distracted but to protect her friends, "Elias, grab some gloves and put it on."

"I'm gonna have you grab any patch or bandages that's in there. This is the biggest wound we have seen but any type of cloth will stop the bleeding."

"Open it and gently apply on where she got injured." Emmy gets up for a second to grab the nearest towelette as it was left folded swinging on the ring display near her and Carolina's sink/mirror cabinet.

Elias took baby steps, he was in fact gentle with opening the small/large cloths or bandages and sticking it onto where she got bitten, practically covering it all. Whereas Emmy eventually joined him in their gloves. Soon enough, when they got to a point that they should stop. Emmy softly applied pressure to the open wound as blood slowly started to gush out of Topanga. It was a good sign though as her breathing was in little inhales and exhales. She didn't appear to be as pale as she was during the incident.

After, a minute of silence and heavy breathing, "I have to go back out there to find Duke...and the game."

"You left the game?!" Elias unintentionally screams at Emmy, kind of frowning.

"I was worried about you guys more than what this game is doing. So, since it's my fault. I should be the one that goes out there." Emmy already felt the pressure of having to keep her friends alive with the little plans.

But Elias wasn't going to stand by it, "No, you're not going out there alone."

"I'll go with her." Carolina overhears, walking up to the conversation with her weapon of choice. This time, it was a metal folder that was emptied of her school notebooks and textbooks.

"No, I brought you guys into this mess. Thinking it could've been some good joke but now, it has turned into something more than that."

"If anyone should have died, it should've been just me." He wished to be the one to do that.

They all looked at each other, like this could be all of their last Friday they spent together in February.

"The both of you, I'm able to watch over Topanga. If Carolina doesn't want to stick around." Zelda blurts, breaking the tension.

Carolina refuses, "No, I will. There's a set of fire pokers in the lobby where the chimney is located. You two should use that as weapons." causing Emmy to nod in agreement.

It was in this type of silence, each and every one of them were analyzing their next move. They were all hesitated to put the effort to it but if they wanted to get out alive. They needed to do something about it.

"Save Topanga and us." Was the last courageous thing that Zelda ever said before, Elias and Emmy were about to leave. They were going to leave with everything stayed.

Emmy and Carolina didn't say anything to each other before, one of them had left. But they did hug it out as Elias watched Emmy beginning to cry on her shoulders like she waited for the right moment to let it all out. The stress of being relied upon was getting to her. Even if, she didn't ask for it.

She always knew Carolina can find a way to comfort her, rubbing her hand upon her messy ponytail alongside her dark blue ribbon that acted as a headband, Emmy hugged her a little tighter than usual. Their expressions and their gestures, knowing that they have been best friends for a while. They actually didn't have anything to say to each other because Emmy and Carolina knew that they were always in each other's hearts where words didn't have to have a meaning. The straight A schoolgirl that cared about her studies to the Blonde Beach Barbie who was known for her looks and dated the most popular football boy in school.