Dye

Emmy and Carolina hurriedly took their weapons and tried to aim for the door as it was out in the open. Quitting the formation, Emmy was the first to walk to it but something bumped her forehead. It was by an invisible force.

"Ow." She murmurs, rubbing the area of where her forehead got hit.

Emmy creased the middle placement of her brows in confusion, "What the fuck?" And then, added one of her hands to touch this force. Felt like glass but plastic, it was dull and hard.

She turns over to Carolina, unable to gather any words to form a sentence on what she just experienced, "Touch it." motioning her head to the force, still rubbing the pain that formed on her.

And so, she complied.

Carolina moved over to where Emmy was, invested as ever to touch whatever bumped her best friend's head. One by one, placing her hands on the force. She was drawn to what this was but she knew what this is, is preventing them from leaving.

"We're trapped, aren't we?" Emmy whispers to Carolina.

Carolina turns her head, whispering back, "Yeah, we are." Tears circling around her eyes, shining by the bright lights of the building as she realized.

"This, this has to be from the game that we did with Elias." Emmy blurts, trying to catch every breath she took.

This is what she was thinking the whole time but how could've it gotten to this point?

"You think some dumbass game had to do something with this? Obviously, a couple of intruders came in and did all of this. Especially, on the night that we have an earthquake!"

"We have to go back to our room and call 911!" Carolina points to the hallway back to their room. They were sort of all over the place as fear turned into sadness and a heated argument.

"How can we call 911 when we have an invisible door that's forbidding us to leave? Where the police can't come in. We can't open the door for them and we literally can't scream for help either?!"

"Well, we hadn't even tried." Carolina shrugs, sounding like a pretty strategic plan to her.

And they do so, both of them banging on the door, shouting at the tops of their lungs for someone to catch their attention and help them. Even though, the church takes place practically in the middle of nowhere.

Until, promptly, Carolina had all of a sudden stopped, "Wait, what if the intruders are still in the building and trying to look for other people because they couldn't come to our door?"

They wanted to think they were on the same page, not disagreeing or screaming at each other in a time like this.

"Carolina, if it was a bunch of intruders. They would've tried to break down our room and kill us by now but strangely enough, we are still here!"

"And why are we trying to even scream for help? we live near a bunch of fucking animals." That detail from Emmy was true, they lived near a farm. The only company that could keep each and every one of the Castle Church students and staff company.

Emmy and Carolina were arguing like an old married couple, swinging their weapons unintentionally as hand gestures to make the point valid and exaggerated facial expressions to show that they meant it with every widen eye like their frustration with each other.

"Why are you believing some silly little game, Emmy?! This isn't a person who gets to hide in the dark closet and try to scare themselves!"

"Well, how did we play some silly little game that correlated to a 'random' earthquake and then, most of our friends and possibly, some of the staff members as we speak from Sister Greta dying?!"

"We're probably next in line." At this point, Emmy was in fact breathless from trying to make whatever she said matter across in all aspects. But the last part of what she said might've been true.

In front of the door, they argued like they were wasting time and not much of the church can hear because everyone might've died or were in hiding until two familiar faces scared them half to death. So, someone heard.

It was Zelda and Topanga, holding weapons of their own. Zelda's black stiletto high heels for two, Topanga's car keys but she held it where it can be usable with her hair curler.

Zelda finally breaks the silence as she is one of to see them, "Come with us, if you want to live."