Chapter 14 : The Hair Make Over

Chapter 14

It's the last day of school for this week.

"Finally!" I said as I stretched my arms and yawned." Its been a tiring week for me. Working everyday at the café after every school day and doing my homework and studying after, drains the energy in my body.

I mean I'm used to it. It's just we have a lot of projects and assignments these past days. I look around the classroom to check what my classmates are doing. I chuckle as I see all of them looking like zombies.

Most of them looked so tired and stressed, prolly because of the projects and assignments that we have. I feel relieved after seeing them.

"I guess I'm not alone."

As my eyes wandered inside the classroom I accidentally met Jennie's gaze. I quickly turned my head to the other side. I tried to blink as much as possible.

After a few minutes, I tried to look back in her direction, trying to see what she was doing. My heart skipped a beat when I saw her still looking at me.

"Geez what should I do?"  I fiddle my fingers as I think of something.

I'm not avoiding her, it's just.. We were not close, we were just casual classmates. We barely talk to each other.. Well, actually we haven't talk- yet, not unless it's school-related.

It would be rude if I would turn my head on the other side again. I slowly formed a smile on my lips awkwardly as I gave her the sweetest smile that I have.

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed, then she let out a soft chuckle. She tilted her head then smiled a bit. It's not as broad as mine, but I can tell its genuine.

"Class turn your book at page 235." Our little staring contest ended as our teacher entered the room.

"Thank God! "

I was saved by our teacher from this awkward situation. She probably laughed because of my expression.

I glanced in her direction and looked at her once again. She was busy flipping the pages of the book with a smile on her face. Jennie looks like a little kid. She looks so soft whenever she smiles. It's so different with her cold aura whenever she arrives at school, especially when Somi and Sana are with her.

I'm sorry to say this but they really look like the "mean girls" in the Lindsay Lohan movie. Probably why most of the students think that they're mean and always avoid them.

I was caught off guard and still thinking, when I heard my teacher's voice.

"PARK  CHAEYOUNG!!"

My teacher shouted loudly that made his veins line in his forehead. I looked at him with my eyes wide open and with a slightly open mouth. " Yes sir?" I added, still looking surprised.

"Are you listening?" He said, narrowing his eyes at me. "This is the 3rd time that I have called you and you're not even looking at me!" He added, pointing the book that he is holding at the board.

"I'm sorry sir." I replied, still shocked, trying to process everything. "Stop daydreaming inside the class." He replied, then continued teaching us.

I feel embarrassed. This was the first time that I was scolded for not listening. I sit straight and focus on what he's saying. After 1 and a half hours, the class finally ended. I hurriedly arranged my things and went out of the classroom. Jisoo was busy with student council so I ended up going home alone for today.

As I walk outside the school campus, I cant help but get jealous of the freshmen who look so jolly and happy running around as they go home. I felt so old all of a sudden. Being a senior is really a struggle with a lot of stress and pressure because of school.