Chapter 19 : Foundation Day Pt.2

"Congrats!" So Hyun smiled brightly and politely bowed her head to the people around them as she walked inside the canteen together with Karina , Kyungsoo and their friends.

"Sunbae, you're cool!" Another student greeted them.

"There! There's a vacant seat there." Karina pointed, running towards the vacant table, leaving So Hyun and Kyungsoo alone.

"Ca - can I hold your hand?" Kyungsoo murmurs.

So Hyun looked at Kyungsoo shyly and nodded her head.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo replied with a big smile on his face.

-

After eating lunch, the students started roaming around to check the different booths again.

"Ah ah mic test , one two one two."Taeyeon is busy checking the microphone while waiting for the others.

The students started gathering in the gym to see the student council event. Every year the student council needs to do a fund-raising event for the charity the school is supporting.

"What do you think they're going to do this year?" Hyeri said as they waited inside the gym.

"Student council always has a good event to help the foundation the school supports." Chaeyoung replied as she looked around the gym looking for Leon.

"Last year the drama that they did was funny," Hyeri stated.

"Oh yeah I remember, it's because of dok jun subae , he can't hide his laughter while acting." Chaeyoung laughed as she remembers what happened to the student council members last year.

"Yes it was all because of him, it became a disaster, all of them probably won't act again. Good thing Jisoo was not yet part of the student council last year." Hyeri murmurs as she looks at Taeyeon reminiscing about how Taeyeon acted awkwardly in the theater last year.

The teachers and the other guests are also waiting inside to support the student council.

Kyungsoo, Karina, Jisoo and the other student council members are all sitting on the stage.

"Let's start the program now." Taeyeon started.

"Good afternoon, I know you are waiting for this year's student council event. We actually didn't prepare that much this year.. but we want this to become a memorable day for all of the students out here."

Taeyeon started her speech, getting the attention of all the people inside the gym.

"Today there will be no games , no drama , no theater act, no dancing that the student council members will do." She took a deep breath then continued.

"We will do an auction this year, "Taeyeon said firmly, making the audience murmur.

"Aww, we won't see Karina dance. That's boring!" One of the students said.

"I wanna see Taeyeon act aegyo again!" Someone shouted, making the crowd laugh.

Taeyeon smiled bitterly.

"So there will be an auction this year. I thought I would see Taeyeon sing this time." Hyeri said, yawning.

Taeyeon started the auction of the items. "Our first item is a bag. Anyone wants to bid?" Taeyeon energetically raised the bag with her left hand.

The students were just looking at her in silence.

"Its been 30 mins but it seems like nobody wants to do an auction for the items we bought." Karina said sadly.

"We should collect more than that." Kyungsoo pointed at the money inside the basket, then looked worriedly at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon glanced at their teachers and the other guests. She could feel the disappointment in their faces.