Chapter 27 : The Bully

Leon

A "bully", that's what they always call me. Just because I'm taller than the kids my age and my body is built physically different from theirs, their bodies full of fat from junk food, these kids and their parents always accused me of bullying even though I'm not doing anything bad to them. The people around me always judge and blame me for bullying my classmates who were weaker and smaller than me. It was a pain in the head to say no and avoid everyone. To avoid their judging stares every time someone or something bad happens to the kids near me.

I'm glad my mother loves me so much that she always transfer me to a different school whenever there is a tragic incident that leads to nothing but the victim blaming students pinpointing all their shits to me. The so-called "weak students", the angelic face students, join forces to bully the so-called "bully students." All my life, from kindergarten to primary school, I have been tired of hearing all these fucking excuses and lame act of these so-called victim students, just to look weak and manipulative to get the sympathy of others.

Being a foreign student is hard, especially if you don't have any friends.
I was born in Thailand, also known as "The land of smiles." It is known for its hospitality. They said most of the locals are kind and friendly, and you will always see a lot of smiling faces around you. But I never experienced any of it because a year after I was born, my father and I decided to live here in South Korea to leave all the pain and happy memories behind when my mom left us, she left us to let me experience how to live. She lost her life after giving birth to me.

Ever since I was a kid, my dad doesn't really like me nor care for me. I think I know the reason why..

Who am I to judge him even I hate myself for living knowing my mother chose me rather than her own life.

I'm so lucky to have a stepmother who loves me and treats me like her own. Even though we're not blood related to each other, she didn't stop caring and looking out for me, unlike my dad who never looked my way and cared for me like his own.

I was tired of being the good kid anymore. They call me bully every time because of my physical appearance. They're always afraid of me. I'm done with all their dramas, so I've decided to become a real one.

Since the start of a new semester with a new school, new environment, new teachers, new classmates, new me. 

Middle school here I am the bully you won't forget.

It was a sunny morning when I saw a boy probably my age. He's a bit skinny and smaller than me. He was wearing these thick and oversize geek glasses while playing with a collection of lego bricks on the sand. He's happily playing and doesn't seem to care about the people around him. I stopped walking and watched him arrange the lego pieces one by one.

He glanced at me and smiled. "Hey, do you want to help me here?"

I looked around to see if he was talking to someone, but there were no other people around.

"Are you asking me?"

He smiled and nodded again. "Come help me build this."

I can see the other kids are glancing at us as they pass by. They might think I'm bullying this kid again. I ignored him and started to walk again.

"Hey, if you want to play, come and find me." He said again, then waved his hand.

I shrugged and went to my assigned classroom. This new school is nice. So far, everything seems normal.

I went out for lunch and saw the kid playing with the lego bricks in the same spot where I saw him earlier. I briskly walked past him.

"Hey!"