Chapter 21 : Get together

Leon's POV

"Finally it's Friday!! I can go and visit the 2 kids again!" I almost shouted as I ran along the hallway.

"Mr. Manoban don't run in the hallway so early in the morning!" Mr Jung shouted as I passed by him.

I stopped running, then bowed to him. "Good morning Mr.Jung !" I elatedly greeted him, then went inside the room. I could sense his annoyed face looking at me as I went inside the classroom.

Somi greeted me as soon as I entered the classroom.

"Mornin' mate!"

"Morning." I replied and fist bumped with her. "Where's Sana and Jennie?" I asked as I looked at their empty seats.

"They went out to buy some food."

"I see." I replied, then placed my bag on the chair, then gazed my eyes around the room to find Chaeyoung.

I saw her serious and pretty face as she wrote something in her notebook. Of course, she's busy focusing on her studies.

I didn't notice that I was already smiling just by looking at her. I hurriedly bit the inside of my cheek so that my facial expression changed.

I noticed Jisoo was switching glances at her, then at me. I quickly looked away, then saw Jennie and Sana entering the classroom hand in hand.

I glanced back at Jisoo with a smirk on my face. He furrowed his brows then looked away.

After what Jennie did back on foundation day. (The day she screamed loudly with a dumbstruck face in front of Jisoo like she saw a ghost or an unpleasant thing in front of her.) I haven't seen Jennie and Jisoo talk to each other again. Jennie is just too shy to face him again, I guess, and Jisoo keeps on avoiding her too. The atmosphere is really weird when both of them are near each other.

"Catch!" Sana shouted as she tossed the orange juice to me.

"Thanks!" I replied, then smiled at both of them.

She winked and replied "You're Welcome."

Jennie placed a bunch of sandwiches and chips on her table. "Help yourselves and eat." She murmured.

Somi excitedly scanned the sandwiches, then shouted, "I want a cheese-flavored one!"

It's been months since I started attending this school. I can say that I've changed a bit. I can talk to people with some confidence now, unlike before. I can laugh again, I can feel my old jolly self is coming back slowly.

3 years. It's been a while since I felt this kind of happiness again with friends. I suddenly hear screams and voices echoing in my ear as I remember my turbulent past.

I'm sorry , I was so stupid back then. If only, If only I -

"Leon, are you okay?" Sana tapped my shoulder and asked me with a worried look on her face. I was about to break down. Good thing I came back to my senses. " Yeah, I'm fine." I replied and composed myself, then took the chips Somi was eating.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jennie asked me with a troubled look on her face. I nodded then forced a smile. "Maybe you're just hungry , try this and this one too. " Somi added, then shoved all the bread to me.

"That's all for today. Make sure to do all your homework and clean the room before you go home!" The class ended fast. I bid goodbye to Jennie, Sana and Somi then went straight to the school gate waiting for Chaeyoung and Hyeri to arrive.

"Why are you waiting here?" Hyeri shouted as she walked slowly together with Chaeyoung.

"I'm waiting for Chaeyoung!" I shouted back and smiled at the two of them.