Chapter 20 : Foundation Day Pt.3

Jennie's POV

"She's so lucky if she was going to date him!"

"Minyoung's dream will finally come true now. She can date Jisoo now!!"

"I would hug him tightly if I were Minyoung."

"Minyoung won't just hug him, she'll probably steal a kiss too!"

"Oh yes, Minyoung will probably do it!"

The students can't stop talking while watching Minyoung and Leon fighting as they bid for Jisoo.

I can't help myself but to get annoyed by their small talk, everyone is getting excited as Minyoung bids higher than Leon.

I saw Sana clenching her fist tightly while watching the auction silently and Somi, who kept on wandering her eyes around the gym.

"$85, then let's close the bid."

Leon slumps his body on the chair tiredly, then looks back at Minyoung who's grinning like she had already won.

Her smile is getting on my nerves now. She smiles like she had already won.

"Seriously, this Minyoung is annoying," I glance at Jisoo who's fidgeting and looking down while Taeyeon is trying to close the bid.

I can't help but feel annoyed with what's happening around me. The next time I find out is I'm already standing looking directly at those weary black orbs -

"MAKE A HEART SIGN!!!!" One of the students shouted.

I came back to my senses. I can hear the students' shouts, and the loud sounds coming from the speaker.

I saw them looking at me. They're watching me while Taeyeon is taking a picture of me and Jisoo.

I glanced at my side and saw Jisoo looking at the camera with a tight smile.

I was lost again and found myself staring at him for a while now. He looked directly into my eyes. I look away as fast as I can. I can feel my heart beat, beating faster.

I look at the crowd again and hear their roars as they jive and dance with the music and celebrate the event.

I saw Minyoung's gloomy and teary face as she watched us down the stage. "Poor girl, her ego was probably hurt."

I glance at Somi, who's busy dancing together with the other students, and Sana, who's watching us from afar.

After the event ended, the students started leaving the gym. I slowly reached Jisoo's arm, then walked towards the backstage of the gym. I can tell on his face that he was confused about what I was doing and curiously followed my lead.

I looked around and made sure that no one was in there. I positioned myself in front of him and convinced myself to look directly at his eyes and speak slowly.

"Hey , I - I don't like you, okay? I didn't do it because I wanted to date you or what, I did it - because I ugh ..

"I don't want to see you with any random girl, damn it! Well, Chaeyoung is an exception. I'm used to seeing her with you anyway."

I look away as I think of something to say more convincing while he's still listening attentively to what I'm saying.

"I- I wanted to help charity!! Yeah! That's it!" I showed my gummy smile as I finished my sentence.

Jisoo was about to say something but I cut his words by saying

"Thank you."

I saw his eyes widen, still confused about what I had said.