Chapter 19

Question of the day :- Any superpower you wish to have ? Mine is teleportation 😊

________________________________

Taehyung was preparing breakfast for everyone. Aera was doing more than fine nowadays. It only less than two weeks until she gets her surgery.

Everyone is so happy that Aera is finally getting a mother's love and was playing and smiling like any other toddler.

Hyemi came down after a while, all ready for school. She sat down on the table and wished her grandfather good morning.

Taehyung saw her and smiled " Good morning Hyemi"

"G-good morning" She mumbled while looking down. She didn't expect him to talk to her.

"Are you hungry ? What will you like for breakfast ?"

"Anything would do" She kept fidgeting her fingers. Tae smiled at her even though she didn't notice.

"Appa, shall I serve you the tea ?" He asked Mr. Jeon who was reading the newspaper.

"Let everyone come Tae" He smiled while replying back.

He served the breakfast as everyone came down one by one and they had breakfast happily.

Hyemi was waiting for her father after the breakfast when Tae came near her. She looked away avoiding eye contact.

"Here take this. I made extra so that you can share it your friends" Tae said passing her the lunch box.

"I don't need it" Hyemi whispered.

Tae smiled "Please take it. It's okay if you don't feel like eating but in case you are hungry, you can have it. Please"

Hyemi took the box sighing. She couldn't argue anymore. Jungkook came down and smiled at Tae, before he left with Hyemi.

The day passed as usual as Tae bathed both the toddlers together and fed them before making them sleep.

He decided to bake a cake for Hyemi. It's been a few days since he last baked one. He always loved baking but these days he was too busy.

At evening, Jungkook came back home early. He was playing with Yeonjun while Aera was with her grandparents.

Tae was done with the cake. He served it on a tray and knocked Hyemi's door before entering. He saw her studying and smiled.

Hyemi looked up hearing footsteps and was surprised to see Tae. She never expected him to come to her room.

"Hey" Tae said softly.

Hyemi didn't say anything but kept looking at him. It was awkward. She didn't know how to act around him.

Though she still dislikes him, but as her father said, he was a good man and was helping Aera, so she tried to act normal.

"I baked a cake for everyone. I bought some for you" Tae placed the plate on the table and Hyemi looked at it.

It was red velvet cake, her favorite. It's been so long since she ate one, she doesn't even remember the last time.

"I will not disturb you anymore. Enjoy the cake" Tae turned to leave when Hyemi mumbled a small thank you.

Tae smiled turning back "You are welcome" He said and left the room.

Hyemi kept looking at the plate for a long time, deciding to eat it or not. At last, she took the spoon before taking a small piece and digging it in.

Her eyes immediately closed as her taste buds filled with the sweetness of her favorite cake.