Chapter 19

Today turned out to be one of those days where things just refuse to go my way and everything that could go wrong, does in fact go wrong. 

It started with Binna and I missing our bus this morning. As we rushed to get a seat, the lid of my coffee flask slipped open, spilling coffee all over my white shirt. Yes, I just had to wear white today. 

We reached Firefly a quarter past eight and got scolded for arriving late to our dress fitting. The already grumpy stylist berated me for having muscular looking ankles - whatever that means - and then the dress they had me in ripped right at my hips, earning me dirty looks from the seamstress who had been pining it up. 

Our dresses for the show were tiny tube dresses that ended right below our butts, with a fully sequinned bodice that hugged our waists making it look like all of us had hour glass figures. Each of us got our own signature colour and mine was a beautiful sea green. 

"You should dye your hair light brown. It will go really well with the green," Binna says next to me. Her colour is light purple, like lavender and even without make up and styled hair she looks beautiful. 

"Really? That's actually not a bad idea. I've been wanting to do something before the showcase. You should keep yours dark by the way. You already look stunning." I gush like the proud friend I am. I've always admired Binna's towering height and sharp angular face. She could easily be a model with her looks. 

"Girl, you know it." She winks at me and twirls around. I notice her dress rides up when she does this, almost exposing her ass. She seems to notice too. "How the hell are we supposed to dance in this?" 

"We're making slits on the sides and you'll be wearing matching coloured mini shorts," Her stylist murmurs with a pin between her teeth. "Now stop moving." 

"Thank God. I don't want to flash everyone during our first appearance." I shake my hips to the side and sure enough my dress rises up as well. 

Binna laughs when the material by my side rips even further. "That would surely make some headlines." 

Once the fitting is over I rush up to Ms Noh's studio room.  My head is pounding from coffee withdrawal and I really wish I had time to buy an iced coffee but I haven't had a minute to myself all morning. 

The brown stain on my shirt has dried up. It looks like I fell into a puddle of mud prior to coming here. 

Ms Noh greets me when I walk in and her eyes immediately fall to my coffee stained chest. Her mouth purses in distaste but I barely notice her because sitting right next to her is none other than Jiho. 

His beautiful face breaks into a wide smile when he sees me and then his eyes fall to my chest as well. 

My body flushes and it feels like his gaze has lit me on fire. I gulp loudly and bow to them in greeting as I walk up to them. 

"What happened to you?" Ms Noh asks. 

"I spilled coffee on myself this morning," I say, before taking a seat across from them. I pull out my notes from my bag, ignoring the way my heart is racing under Jiho's undying attention. He hasn't looked anywhere else since I got here. 

Ms Noh is thankfully oblivious to this. "You should keep spare clothes with you at all times. Isn't that normal for celebrities?" She looks at Jiho for confirmation and he gives her a roguish grin. 

"If that happened to me. I'd just take off my shirt. It would certainly please the fans more."

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic but Ms Noh turns beet red and she laughs in a high pitch that grates my ears, making my headache worse.