Chapter 34

If I told you that you might be over reacting just a tad bit, would you listen?" Binna says cautiously from my side. 

"Uhuhmm," I make an illegible sound that earns a grunt from her. 

I'm bounding up the stairs two at a time, she has to jog to keep up with me. 

Overreacting? Did she see the way the two of them were conversing just now? Did she hear them on stage? In all our group practices I've never seen them so comfortable with each other like this. 

But then again, I was always distracted during those sessions. Trying to keep my cool while Jiho always seemed to brush against my fingers and shoulders. And then there are those stolen looks. 

So when did Rachel and Jiho happen? They must have had some extra private lessons or dates. When and where remains a mystery to me but if he could sneak around with me, he could do it with another, right?

All I know is that I need to get out of here before I combust from all this overthinking. 

Once we are out of the lifts and in the foyer do I finally slow down and take a breath. I slump on the black leather sofa set by the billboards and stretch my legs out before me. 

"I really screwed up today," I admit to Binna who stands in front of me while she bends down to touch her feet. 

She twists around to look at me while squeezing her hamstrings. "So did Kim, Grace and JinJin. I almost went to the wrong position at the end of our dance. It's only the first day, Jina."

I lean forward and feel the tension in my calf muscles as I touch my toes. "Do you think they're seeing each other?" 

Binna smiles, knowing that this is what's bothering me more than anything. The strobe lights above reflect in her large eyes, making them glint my way. I always felt she looked like an anime character, now more than ever.

"You know you could just ask him, right? Or her?" 

I groan loudly. "Do you really think he would admit to two timing me? Are cheaters ever that honest?" 

Just then my phone vibrates and I pull it out of my bag. It's a message from Jeju aka Jiho.

"You, okay? Looks like you need a tofu stick, some ice coffee. Maybe a hug?" 

The message ends with some hug emojis and I want to chuck my phone across the room. How can he message me so nonchalantly like nothing has been happening between him and Rachel. 

I run a hand through my hair and look at Binna. Maybe she's right. Maybe I am over reacting. I feel like typing out a biting message, telling him to go fly kites or hug Rachel but that would be extremely childish. 

I stop myself by leaving the message on read and dump it back into my bag. I'll reply when I'm in a better state of mind. 

The foyer was empty when we got here but it has slowly started to fill up. It's almost evening and most of the junior trainees are heading back home. We however don't have that luxury. We have dance practice later because Mr Lee said we were horrible on stage. 

He always says we are horrible. Sometimes I think he's going to miss haranguing us like he's been doing for the past four years. 

I see the executives walk into the lobby and then head to the VIP lounge behind the reception desk. I've never been inside but I heard the lounge houses a bar, espresso machines and freshly delivered pastries on a daily basis. 

I see Mr Wan walking inside with Mr Yang and suddenly my mind becomes crystal clear.

Hyeon said he needed a copy of that picture on Mr Wan's studio wall. The one with Dalia and all those high profile men. I then remember Luna drunkenly telling me Dalia was involved with someone powerful. Someone she should never have gotten involved with.