Chapter 57

Dear Dalia, 

I wonder if you're staring down at me from heaven or wherever you are. Wonder if you appreciate what I've done to avenge your death. 

We solved your murder, Dalia. I always knew there was something off, something wrong. The camera's were down that very week and someone got to you. 

Before I could. 

I wonder if that was fate intervening. If I had done something to you, I would have never been the same. Maybe I would have gotten away with it, maybe not. 

But it wouldn't have lead me to where I am today. 

We finally uncovered the truth, Dalia and I always knew that Taejun was a good for nothing asshole. He betrayed your trust and then he killed you before you could expose those ledgers. Did you know he was working with the rest? 

You were blackmailing them and they all wanted you dead. 

Jina was surprised when the police discovered his alibi was faked and charged him for murder. They're all going down, Dalia. I wish I could tell you in person, wish I could see your face right now.

Did you know I've been promoted to the Investigative Journalism department at QBS. Even my parents couldn't believe it. Everything's going so smoothly, my family is finally treating me with the respect that I deserve. 

I'm highly regarded at my workplace now and there have even been some model scouts who have approached me for campaigns. They say I have a great face for modelling, it's hilarious honestly. 

But none of that compares to meeting Kang Jina. 

Sometimes life works in weird ways, Dalia. I had to like Kina, your sunbae to realise I actually resonated more with you. And then your murder lead me to seek out your junior, the person you were closest to as a kid. 

I thought I loved you, Dalia but I realise now that all of that was just an infatuation. You had so many secrets and after learning all of them, it was like I didn't even know who you were. 

I only liked the part of you that you showed the world, which was a performance. And that's not love. 

I finally realise what true love is. It's knowing a person's weaknesses, letting them see you when you are most vulnerable and being able to work through it all together. 

Like a team. 

I have that now and it's like a breath of fresh air, so wonderful and freeing, it makes me feel like I'm finally living. 

You would be happy for us. I know you would. Kang Jina and I were meant to meet and you are the one who brought us together. 

I can't be mad at you, Dalia. In fact, I've never been more grateful my entire life. 

Everything feels better nowadays. The days are brighter, the grass seems greener, even the skies are always clear, enveloping the city with it's beautiful blue hues. 

Kang Jina is amazing. She debuted six months ago and everyone just adores her. Color Pop is doing so well, they're the first Firefly girl group to top the Melon charts for four weeks straight. My girl's so busy we haven't been able to meet since she debuted and the case closed.

We don't keep in touch anymore, which is understandable because she's been so occupied with her schedule. Sometimes I feel they're overworking her, but I don't want to interfere with that part of her life. I know how hard she's worked for it. 

You see that's just the thing. I know everything about her. It's not the same as it was with you and Kina. 

Jina and I have had conversations together, confided in each other. We've even touched each other. Do you know we almost kissed once? Sometimes even I can't believe it. 

This is something real, something worth fighting for. This is what I've been looking for my entire life. I finally found it and I'm never letting go. 

Kang Jina's busy now with her work. I'll give her this time, she honestly deserves it. We solved your murder together and we'll both grow in our career's separately until the time comes when we can finally date openly. 

Till then, I'll love and support her the only way I know best. 

I'll be her biggest fan. 

Regards, 

Hyeon

THE END

Guy's!! We made it! We finished the story hehe. Thank you so much for following me on this journey and helping me complete it by voting and commenting. Love you guys and hope your week's going great :) 

Also I'll be putting up a bonus exclusive chapter about the night Dalia died from her POV. It will be a paid chapter so it's completely optional if you guys want to read it. Once again thanks for the support and hope to see you in my next stories. 

Much love from my side :)