Chapter 24

"Did Dalia really diss her group mates in her solo project?" I ponder out loud whilst Hyeon and I  go through every single article we can find on the Sweet Poison girls. 

I've lost track of the time but ever so often my stomach would growl, indicating just how hungry I am. It must be past dinner already.

"Funny, I listened to her songs over and over again. I mean there were only four of them," Hyeon chuckles and then he pauses. "But there was an obvious diss track."

He opens up a new tab and searches for the lyrics to the song titled "Stolen Feathers". In 2018, Sweet Poison went through a pretty long hiatus, much to the dismay of their fans. Most of the girls did modelling gigs and attended fashion shows that year but Dalia released a solo mini album. 

All songs were written and produced by her and the album did spectacularly. The title track  'Darker than Night' achieved a Real Time All Kill in a month which means it dominated all the music charts in Korea within weeks of release. That is no easy feat for a group let alone a solo artist. 

People loved to read between the lines of her cryptic lyrics. I remember forums dedicated to them, some of which I used to follow myself. There was one song in particular that garnered some controversy. Stolen Feathers was all about fake people who used everyone to get what they wanted. 

I remember an iconic line in Dalia's song that went something along the lines of; even if there was an inch of flesh still left on bare bones, it would still be enough for 'them' to use for their benefit. 

I read through the lyrics with Hyeon and the study room is so silent I can hear my own breathing. My stomach of course chooses that moment to growl loudly and Hyeon shoots me a look. 

"Did you not eat today?" He asks looking concerned. "Do they really starve you people?"

My lips crack into a smile. "You people?" 

"I meant Kpop idols. It's not right you know. You guys are constantly dancing and rehearsing. You should be eating like athletes."

"It's fine." I wave him off. "My dress was just super tight for the shoot today. I couldn't eat much because of the corset."

"Still it's not right. Why does the corset have to be so tight anyway," I stifle a laugh as Hyeon glances at his watch. "It's almost nine. Let's grab some sandwiches." 

My stomach is protesting but I'm too invested to stop for food. "Okay, after we finish this." 

We turn our attention back to the lyrics and I read through every line, trying to see them with fresh eyes. 

"I always thought she was talking about the industry," I murmur. 

"Me too. Thought she was talking about the Pt executives or her manager," Hyeon agrees. He leans forward, putting his chin on his fist for support. 

"Why did Maria say she was talking about them?" I've read these same lines for the fifth time and there is no indication that Dalia mentioned her group mates. Although this song is all about using someone for personal gain but there is nothing specific. 

Unless there is something only they know about. 

"What do you think they were looking for in Dalia's house?" I lean back and turn to Hyeon, giving up on the lyrics momentarily. 

"Something incriminating," Hyeon taps his chin, looking deep in thought. "What could possibly incriminate three Kpop idols? What were they involved in?"

I write the question down on the notepad Hyeon brought with him. I'd rushed from rehearsal, the only thing I brought with me is my satchel bag and the glitter on my face.