Chapter 41

The dull throbbing in my head persists like a booming headset in my right ear. It feels like someone is knocking the same spot on my head repeatedly causing my entire face to hurt. 

I grit my teeth and concentrate on the task at hand - helping the stylist adjust the pants that has ripped open at the side after our last dance number.

Despite all the drama currently surrounding Jiho, rehearsals are to continue as usual but I wasn't surprised to hear that Mr Yang and a few others wouldn't be joining us today. Firefly is currently dealing with a shitstorm media frenzy. 

Two dating scandals involving the same idol in the course of a few months has apparently convinced more than a few netizens that Jiho must definitely be dating someone. 

I've tried my best not to read anything related to this but it's all everyone can talk about. The stylists, the stage crew, the receptionists at the Firefly lobby. Everyone's wondering who the mystery girl could be, if she even exists. 

Everyone except my group mates because apparently JinJin has come to the conclusion about Jiho and I both sneaking out of our dorms at the same time. Which is technically true but I can't help but hate her for it.

Out of all the girls here, why did she have to be the one to catch me red handed? 

I'm guessing she's filled everyone in because all of the girls have been weirdly silent all morning. Rachel's face looks the worst, like a storm cloud is brewing over her features turning them dark. I catch her glaring at me ever so often and it only makes my headache worse. 

I notice Binna walk over with two coffees in hand. I'd expected her to scold me or mutter the dreaded 'I told you so' but she's been surprisingly quiet since yesterday.

"Figured you might need this," She murmurs, her soft voice a balm to my nerves. She places the coffee by the dressing table next to me and I'm so grateful I could hug her. 

I take a tentative sip and then a few more, the bitter liquid already easing away the throbbing in my head. My stomach starts to clench and I realise I haven't eaten anything since last night. I stare at  pastries by the refreshment table and then turn to Binna who is studying me for some reason. 

"Want to grab a bite?" I ask her and she nods. 

We head to the long wooden table flanking the back wall and I immediately pick up a croissant, not caring that a few girls are already judging. Last I checked my weight was fine, a croissant isn't going to kill me. 

Binna stands by my side but she doesn't pick up anything. She leans against the wall and takes a sip of her coffee, her eyes flitting over JinJin and Rachel who are looking at us at this very moment. 

"She's told everyone, hasn't she?" I ask her. 

Binna nods and her answer settles like a pile of stones in my belly. 

"I'm going to be kicked out," I whisper miserably. The pastry in my mouth tastes like sand and I swallow it down painfully. 

"Did anyone see you together?" Binna asks and I shake my head. No one saw us, not that I know of anyway and it only serves as a reminder of how reckless I've been. 

"Then they have no proof," She states the obvious but I can't help but wonder if that is enough. 

My shoulders tense when I see JinJin and Rachel stand up and head our way. In fact, it feels like all the girls are frozen in their places, their attention lost to us. Kim is busy clipping up her hair but her eyes keep flitting to us and Liza keeps tying and retying her shoe laces.

All I can do is wait for the two girls as they march up to us like an incoming collision. 

"Just wanted to let you know I've informed my uncle about you dating an idol in our very own company." JinJin squares her shoulders and then crosses her thin arms over her chest. Her face is gleeful whereas Rachel looks like someone just stole her entire life force.