Melody of a lone soul

"If you do this, Nedra, if you choose necromancy... I cannot follow you into that darkness."

"Oh, Grey," I said, shifting my bag onto my shoulder. "What do you know of darkness?"

Beth Revis,

"Sweet Salazar..." Draco gasped in awe, taking in the beauty of the room, and Harry just smiled at the look of pure amazement on the blond's face.

'Gosh! He looks cute—so bloody cute—I want to squish his cheeks and then hide him in my covers. Wait- ehhh- I have really gone bonkers? Haven't I?'

"It's cool, right?" Harry grinned, shaking his thoughts, making Draco gape at him.

"Cool? It's splendid!" Draco exclaimed, causing Hedwig to hoot angrily from her bed, blinking her sleepy eyes open.

"Oh... Pardon me for my recalcitrance, and please continue your beauty sleep, my lady." Draco internally winced at the hoot from the owl. 'Potter does have the most terrifying bird... Salazar! Help-'

Harry let out a giggle, which seemed to wake the sleeping snake up too, and Manasha peered up from the blankets, flicking her tongue out in interest, tasting the air currents, then she hastily straightened her body when she noticed Draco's scent in the air...

"Hatchling, you managed to get your white boy in your nessst!" She hissed in a proud tone, making Harry blush. His eyes darted towards Draco to see whether he had heard her, but the blond was busy inspecting a painting of a rather ancient-looking squid.

"Hussssh, he will hear you." Harry whisper- hissed, rolling his eyes, and walked towards the table beside the bed.

"Harry! Look!" Draco excitedly exclaimed, pointing out the window from which he had parted the curtains, and Hedwig let out another angry hoot, glaring at the blond, making him jump in his place with a rather indignant squeak.

"Oh, sorry, sweety." Harry raised his hand and placed a silencing charm around the sleepy bird, an action that caused her to bob her head in acknowledgement and Draco to let out a sigh of relief.

Harry nodded, picking up the pouch the goblins had given him, and saw something whip-like thing zooming inside the lake.

"What's that?" Harry asked, and Draco gave him a look of disbelief.

"Don't tell me you haven't read about a fairy-tailed horsefish?"

"I haven't-"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Oh! Salazar! Your intellect actually astounds me, Potter; it's the rarest fish used in the potion ingredients for the healing and nutrient potion for severe cases; how you managed to graduate with potions is really a mystery."

Harry just shrugged, walking towards the bed to settle himself down beside Manasha as he hummed before replying, "I haven't been really fond of potions due to the blocks," he pointed out, and Draco winced recalling the fact and had the decency to look guilty...

"Ummm... Sorry-" Draco started, but Harry dismissed him by waving a hand as he indicated for Draco to sit on the other side of him, which was also next to Hedwig.

"Potter I-" Draco took a step forward but hesitated, looking uneasily at the spot where the blasted bird was now again sleeping, or, er, pretending to be asleep.

"Scared Malfoy?" Harry smirked, earning himself a glare.

"You wish---" Draco sniffed, and Harry snorted, watching Draco slowly waddle his way to the bed and elegantly settle himself next to sleeping Hedwig as if he were dealing with a sleeping dragon rather than a bloody owl, trying to make his moments as gentle as possible while keeping the distance between them at the maximum, not wanting to face the same fate as his Italian friend.