The Black overflow and Eros-rose

"This is a lesson in creation: The first blood of blood magic is always your own."
― Jeff Mach,

"It's already midnight, yet the boys are still not back, Cissa... It's been three hours—three bloody hours. I swear I will make Draco lock himself in his room and write lines. No, I will make him feed all the birds by himself for a week; yeah, that will do... He is grounded. Like Cissa, he was ranting about Harry disappearing without a word, and I left them alone for some privacy... But then they went to Merlin knows where, and my head is spinning... I swear in the name of Salazar if my hair starts falling with all this stress... "

Narcissa sighed, sipping her third cup of hibiscus tea, closing the magazine she had been reading on the bed—or rather, trying to read as Lucius continued his rant, pacing around the bedroom, constantly looking out of the window, and periodically calling the elves after every fifteen minutes or so.

"Don't fret, love; they will be fine. The elves have already said they will inform us the moment the boys return," she told him for the fifth time, and Lucius just huffed in response as he crossed his arms around his chest in a very un-Malfoy-like manner that made Narcissa let out a soft giggle, which seemed to agitate Lucius even further.

'Oh, Circe, he looks adorable...'

"What?" Lucius snapped defensively, crossing his arms, and Narcissa smiled at him.

"Come here," she said, and Lucius grunted but obliged, walked towards the bed, and plopped himself beside Narcissa, resting his head on her shoulder.

Narcissa glided her perfectly manicured fingers through the platinum blond locks and hummed when she felt Lucius nuzzle her neck. "They will be fine; rest, darling. We still need to find a way to change the Hogwarts class subjects, hmm..." she hummed, and Lucius made a disgruntled noise...

"I know--" Lucius sighed, inhaling a whiff of her flowery scent of sweet roses mixed with dream flowers imported exclusively from France "It's just—" he trailed off, unable to find words, and Narcissa hummed.

"It's alright, love, you are just concerned about them," she soothed a knot in his hair as she continued, "but you are not considering the time lapse; perhaps they have decided to take a visit to Gringotts or the clothing shops Draco had mentioned about as it would be approximately five in the evening there, hmm?"

"They should have at least informed someone, Cissa, and have you forgotten that Harry has mentioned that the owner of the shop is a vampire? It's not safe for them." Lucius continued to rant, and Narcissa shook her head as she sighed...

"Darling, are you forgetting they are more than humans? Or Harry appears to hold an unusually high position in the creature world." She took Lucius' hand in hers and interposed their fingers, saying, "They should have informed someone, yes, but perhaps they didn't want to disturb our sleep or they didn't want us to worry about them."

She smiled when Lucius huffed, making a groaning noise as his lips almost did a pout...almost.

Malfoys don't pout... Thank you very much.

"Little do they know we can never not worry about them," Lucius whispered as Narcissa just smiled at him, patting his head.

About three hours ago, Lucius entered the room yawing wildly, and he was about to go directly to sleep when, at the last moment, he called an elf to know whether Draco and Harry had gone to rest, but the elf told him that they had both been missing from the castle, along with the Slytherin head house elf and the snake. Then, regardless to say, sleep was forgotten, and fussing about the boys' whereabouts had started...