Chapter Five

"Ouch."

"Shut up. I'm trying to help."

"Yes and its hurting like a bitch."

"Sorry." He mumbled as I studied his evidently concerned face that was concentrating on wrapping a support bandage around my ankle.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He grumbled grabbing a fluffy pillow from the top of my cosy bed and placing it under my injured ankle for elevation.

"Would you like your breakfast?" He offered and I nodded.

He left the room again leaving me to think. How was I going to tell him about Chris? What was I going to tell him about Chris. Nobody really knew about us apart from our immediate families. Mine were tragically gone from the world apart from my sister.

There was practically a stranger in my house right now and I still didn't know why he was even at my garage to see me. I wasn't even afraid that he was here, currently looking around my cupboards. I was content apart from the throbbing ankle. Thank God it was only a sprain or torn ligaments and not a bone.

"Here you go, I hope you don't mind me joining you, I'm kind of hungry myself."

"No I don't mind at all." I smiled before staring down at the tray of food. Looks like there was going to be crumbs but what could I do. It was silent for a long time before I spoke up.

"Look Seb, Chris- the guy that was here, he works with me in the garage. He's my ex. No one knows that though."

"So, you're single? What was with all the flirting and shit?"

"Yes I'm single. We still care a lot for eachother and occasionally end up having sex but thats just Chris, he's a flirty fella."

"Why did you's break up?"

Since no one ever knew about Chris, I was caught off guard with his question. It felt strange opening up to a man I didn't really know but it felt like the right thing to do.

"I was out on a cruise, a car cruise, you know? I got out of my car to check out the standards of the other cars. Chris wasn't with me that night, he was a very protective boyfriend, which I loved but anyway, as you can imagine, I was one of the only girl drivers there. A guy came over to talk to me and show me his car. The car was pretty hot but he thought the same about me. It was a dark time of evening and no one seemed to have seen him shove me into his car and take me away. The driver couldn't control the power of his car and handle me arguing with him to let me out and he crashed. He crashed straight into my parents and killed them in an instant along with himself. When Chris found out about the crash he thought that I cheated on him and was running off with this guy. He didn't talk to me for two years- while he was sober at least. He finally heard what had happened that night off a friend of his in college who seen the whole thing as he came driving after me but because what we were doing beforehand was illegal, he rang the emergency services and had to leave."

Sebastian stayed silent for a good while after the story.

"He still loves you."

I nodded in response. Chris never stopped loving me but neither of us wanted to risk hurting each other again by committing. I was afraid of him leaving me stranded when I needed him most again too.

"Why did you come back here?" I asked changing the subject.

"I wanted to see you."

"Why though?"

"After that night, I never stopped thinking about you. Sab made me come see you again because, well I've never had enough feelings for anyone before to think about them after. I don't think feelings is the right word but you get the point. Anyway, I wanted to take you out to dinner if you'd like to come."

It was my turn to stay silent. Had he really just told me he had feelings for me possibly? And then asked me to dinner? It was crazy but I wanted to go. As I mentioned before, this man intrueged me, so I said yes. He left to take a shower in the bathroom before changing into a fresh suit that he had delivered by some fancy shop in town while I got changed into a navy bodycon midi dress that I teamed with gold jewellery, unfortunately my ankle was a bit of an eyesore but what can a girl do? I rubbed Biofreeze into it before we left and swallowed two painkillers aswell as choosing flats instead of heels.

We had a delicious meal at the 5 star restuarant he took me to and we got to know eachother better too. However, I still didn't know what his job was and why he was famous. It was very clear from the looks we were recieving that he was a prestigious man who shone like a piece of crystal next to a dusty book like me. As we left the building there was a hum in the foyer and flashing outside the doors.

"Sir, I am very sorry but someone tipped off the paparazzi. Your car is waiting outside. We have no back entrance due to our location." The manager of the restuarant confirmed our internal suspicions. Sebastian cursed under his breath and lifted me bridal style in his arms taking me off guard.

"Can you get the door for me please?" He asked the manager who nodded.

"Darling, keep your head tight against my chest and do not look up for a second unless you want to be plastered all over magazines and papers with me of course. When we get to the car keep ducked down."

"No offence but I would prefer to be the mysterious girl for now, it's a bit early for speculations."

"I understand completely. You ready?"

With that, we entered the pride of paparazzi. I kept my head tucked away with my clutch covering my face too just in case. Questions were being fired left, right and centre at Sebastian who brushed them all off apart from one.

"How is your daughter!?" A woman shouted.

My body stiffened and my brows furrowed together. Sebastian's body also stiffened as he stopped ploughing through the sea of cameras and stood looking at the woman who asked. I glanced up briefly at his face, making sure I wasn't visible to anyone else. I have never seen a man so furious in my life. He was absolutely livid.

"I do not have a daughter. Cat Kelly and I do not have a child and never will have. It is a publicity stunt on her behalf. She will not release the DNA results because my name is NOT on them. I am NOT the father."

He swiftly began moving angrily through the crowds almost throwing me into the car and sped off without another word.