Chapter Nine

"Come with me for lunch?"

"Sebastian I am not someone who will tolerate you messing me-"

"God Gabriella! I am not messing you about, I haven't been around because I know you don't want to be found, I know you don't want the media after you. I was trying to keep you out of the spotlight by staying away until now; so stop accusing me of messing you about when I clearly care about you."

I didn't know what to do. The kiss, Chris, everything was soaring freely around my mind. I didn't want this right now. I didn't want him cruising in and out of my life causing unnecessary drama. So why was I acting like this? Why did I stop Chris punching his guts out? Why did I seem to care too?

"BOSS! There's someone here to see you!" Simon shouted from across the workshop. The boys always used that one phrase to call me. I think it was to annoy me.

"I'll call you." I told Sebastian.

"But you won't. I'll come back everyday until you agree to come out with me again."

With that he kissed my lips once more and left the garage. I let the customer in, apologising for the delay. It was one of Simon's bimbo chicks.

"Was that Sebastian Sherlock?"

"Yes it was, how can I help you?"

"Ah so you're his mistress mechanic?"

"Sorry?"

"You're the one in the magazines that he went on a date with and is head over heels for?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Thankfully she believed me. I had no idea how as the evidence clearly swayed that it was in fact correct. I mean how many female mechanics was there that had visits from Seb.

"So how can I help?"

"Oh yeah, I want to book my car in for today or tomorrow. My test is the day after tomorrow."

"Well I'm sorry but we are booked for a few weeks."

"But you see I need it done."

"Are you willing to pay after hour fee's because if you are I can ask Simon will he do it tonight."

"Yeah I'll pay that or whatever just get it done you know?"

"One minute I'll go ask him."

I wandered across the spacious garage to were Simon was working and asked him would he do her car.

"Sure, she might do me."

"Great, just stay out of the garage when you are doing her." I sighed and began to walk off again.

"Boss, wait, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Well I know this isn't exactly my business but is there something going on with you and Chris?"

"What do you mean?"

"Okay, I know there is something going on."

"Did he tell you?"

"He only ever gets angry when someone upsets you or when he see's you with another fella and right now he's bull thick, I don't know where he's gone. Can I give you some advice? The garage means so much to you, to him, to all of us. Either you's stop messing around with each other before the business becomes a mess unintentionally or you's get serious again."

"Again? He told you didn't he!? That little bastard! I-"

"He only told me because he cares for you Gab! It frustrates him so much, you have no idea. Not being with you kills him. I'm his best mate of course he's going to tell me!"