Chapter Thirty Two

"So he just like, what, like, followed you?" Diane asked in disbelief once more.

"He must have had tabs on me the whole time! People must have been following me to be able to let him know where I was!"

"What a weirdo! The creep!" Louise screeched throwing her hands in the air.

"How's Chris coping?" Diane asked.

"He's fine. They're letting him get the next flight back"

"I can't believe they kept him and let you go, all because you were being stalked."

"Me neither. Talk about a bad ending to an unbelievable honeymoon"

"Are our babies going to be slightly synced?" Lou asked excitedly.

"I don't know, I don't feel optimistic about conceiving doc."

"I have every faith in you, you're strong. To pull through what you did was amazing and I believe you'll have a baby."

"I WANT TO BE AN AUNTIE!"

"Woah no pressure on me!"

We continued chatting and ranting about our troubles until the boys arrived back from work. Simon came along with them as he knew Louise was here and we had made dinner for them.

"Thank God I'm not a third wheel tonight." Leon sighed kicking his shoes off as he came in the door.

"Hey Leon."

"Hey sis-in-law, how are you holding up?"

"I miss him already."

"I know but he'll be home this time tomorrow." Leon optimistically replied giving me a nudge of encouragement. "So am I going I be an uncle?"

"I don't know ask Simon."

"Why?"

"Yeah why ask me?" Simon laughed.

My eyes shot to Louise. She was giving me a panicked look and I realised she hadn't informed Simon that she was pregnant yet. I quickly racked my brain for an excuse.

"Because you might as well ask him, he has as much of a clue as I do."

Louise seemed satisfied with my answer and Leon huffed. He didn't know the extent of my accident and if he knew I'd safely say that he would disown his brother. If he found out Chris had put me in any danger never mind a life threatening position he wold kill him and if he knew there was a posibility I wouldn't have children he would crumble. I knew how much he wanted to be uncle Leo the lion. He had a conversation with me years ago when he was drunk about it.

After dinner when the boys left to play Xbox, us girls sat out on the patio drinking non-alcoholic beverages.

"How come you haven't told him Lou? Is he not suspicious?"

"He is. I just don't know how!"

"You have to tell him."

"But when?"

"Tonight."

"Really?"

"Yeah it's a nice night go get him and bring him out here. We'll go inside and keep watch."

"Okay I guess you're right. It's not fair on him."

"Exactly."

While Louise spoke to Simon myself and my sister had a chat too.

"So are you and Joey a couple yet?"

"Why?"

"Because I need to know?"

"Yes we are."

"Awwwwwww!"

"Shut up sis. Ugh it's so annoying because well you know how he has the apartment and he's paying the rent for it and his ex is living there?"

"Still! Why doesn't he stop paying rent?"

"I don't know because she's threatening him. She's doo-lally! Anyway now that you and Chris are married we want to try living together in a place of our own but we don't have enough income because he's paying for her to stay in his place."

"I think it's time the Fitzy sisters had a little chat with her don't you?"

"Yes. I think it is. Even if we get the flat back he doesn't want it but at least we can get somewhere else."

"You both are welcome to stay here for another while anyway. Chris and I aren't ready for a family just yet after everything. I don't even know if I'll be able to give him a family sis. It kills me."

"I know it does. I can see it and so can Chris."

"Anyway let's go have a chat with Joey's ex. Everything seems okay with Lou and Simon."

"Yeah okay."

We pulled up at Joey's old apartment and waited for a needy looking guy to come out the front door to let us into the building. Half an hour passed before a tall man stepped out into the crisp evening air. Diane and I immediately took action.

"Hello, would you mind awfully helping me and my sister with something?" Diane purred in approach to the stranger.

"Do I know you two?"

"Perhaps you used to. We used to model a bit. So will you please help us?"

"It depends what I have to do. The Fitzy's right?"

"That would be us." My sister proudly boasted.

"Well I guess I can help you then. What can I do?" He smirked flirtily.

"You see our friend Joey-"

"Joey?! I haven't seen him in ages where the hell is the guy! I miss my beer buddy. He answers his calls but he won't tell me where he is and he's friends with the Fitzy's?!"

"Yeah well he's living with us at the moment actually. Long story short we need to get to his apartment."

"And you need me to let you into the building."

"Please!" We both pleaded with our best smiles.

"No problem ladies. I have an idea what you're going to do. Good luck. She's one hell of a bitch."

Diane and I looked at eachother before looking at the stranger infront of us. We laughed along with him before he opened the door and let us in after we promised he could come visit Joey.

We weren't long locating the apartment. The building was actually very nice. I pounded on the door and heard a little voice sqeak 'who would dare to pound on my door like that'. She must of had company or else she enjoyed talking to herself.

"This better be good!" She scowlded as she opened the door with force.

"Hello ma'am." My sister declared.

"Who are you?" She spat.

"My name is Diane Fitzpatrick and this is my colleague Ms. Thompson."

"And what exactly do you want?"

"We received a report that this apartment is not rightfully yours. There has also been claims of violence against you by your neighbours."

Her face dropped as she percieved that we were here to repremand her and she could be in serious trouble for what she had done.

"I- do come in." She offered much more politely.

"The apartment is my boyfriends and well the violence is- well, he likes it rough in the bedroom." She lied.

"After speaking to a few of your neighbours they say they haven't seen your boyfriend in a while. We also tracked down your boyfriend who has explained that you are not his girlfriend and you have made attacks on him forcing him to leave."

"He's setting me up!" She screeched.

"So why are you still here? I really thought you would of realised who we were." I stated cooly. "You're going to leave the key to your apartment on that table and go pack your things. You have 5 minutes. If you do not comply, things get ugly.

"We know what you did to Joey and we won't hesitate to get you locked up for it."

The Madame MechanicOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara