Chapter Thirty Four

"Oh holy God!" I boomed entering the apartment of Louise with Scout in tow. She had been fully trained within a few weeks and obviously took a shine to me. She was spoilt completely by her mummy and daddy.

"In the bathroom waiting!" Lou shouted. I marched down the hallway into the bathroom telling Scout to stay outside the door.

"Is this really happening?" I asked unsure if it was possible.

"Yes Gabriella. Pee on it." Louise ordered. I peed on her little strip of paper and waited patiently for the result that followed.

"Gab." Louise spoke softly a few minutes later as I sat on the edge of the bathtub tapping my feet and humming to keep myself calm.

"We're going to be mummy's together!" She squeaked excitedly.

I flipped. I was over the moon even though it wasn't expected. Scout started barking and I let her in to join the excitement. I lifted her up kissing her nose.

"We've got some good news for daddy Scoutie! Yes we do!" I cooed. I was going to be a mother. Was I ready for this? Too late to back out now.

"I have to tell him straight away Lou. He'll be so so happy." Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I realised how happy Chris was going to be. We were managing the dog fine, I knew we'd be good parents.

"Go tell him!" Louise happily pushed me out the door.

The joys of having a best friend that was a doctor. You knew she was going to tell you right if you were pregnant or not. I rushed down the stairs with Scout in my arms. I hoped into my Porsche and rallied to the garage. I was sure I would get a speeding fine but I didn't care, all I wanted to do right now was share the great news with my hubby.

"Christopher!" I shouted running through the garage like a mad woman. Joey and Simon dropped their tools as I ran past. "Chris!" I called out again waiting for him to show his face. "Is he even here?" I turned around asking the boys.

"Give me a God damn minute woman!" Chris exclaimed walking towards me while wiping his grimy hands in an old rag. He had his overalls down around his waist and his top off showing his jaw dropping abs. I licked my lips momentarily forgetting the news I had to tell him.

"What did you want wifey?"

"Oh. Oh yeah! Come inside." I turned on my heel and quickly rushed inside my office. I pulled the blinds after me earning a few whistles from the boys. They obviously thought I was horny. I kind of was after seeing Chris in the oily state he was in.

"What is it Gabriella? Is everything okay?"

"Chris." I began, placing my hands over my tummy where our little one was currently growing. I glanced down at my hands hoping he'd follow my gaze but he just wandered closer to me and cupped my smiling face with his dirty hands.

"Ella tell me." He smiled. "Chris I'm pregnant." I whispered. It took a while for it to register in his brain before he gripped the back of my head and slapped a flutter causing kiss on my smiling lips. He pulled back and smiled placing a hand on my tummy tears sprang into his blue eyes out of sheer happiness. He leaned down and kissed my belly numerous times before pushing me back with another show stopping kiss.

"We're going to have a baby?" He asked in a hushed whisper.

I nodded as tears started flooding out of my own eyes and flowing down into my smile. We stood cupping eachothers faces for a long time until Joey and Simon peered in the door.

"Are you two okay?" Simon laughed. Joey stood behind him making rude gestures that encouraged Chris to nail me. I rolled my eyes but continued smiling. Chris never took his gaze off me. I shooed the two nose bags and Chris and I were alone again.

"I'm going to be a daddy." Chris chuckled. "Hi there little baby I'm going to protect you with all my might and so is your mummy." He spoke to the barely there form in my womb.

My heart melted knowing just how happy Chris was. This was a new step in our lives together. A big step but we cherished it and couldn't wait for the new journey to start.

"How long?" Chris asked.

"Two months. It happened on our honeymoon."

The buzz from the two of us for the next few days was unexplainable. Everyone was curious as to what was wrong. We couldn't wait to tell them any longer so a week after I received the confirmation that I was pregnant our little family sat around the table all gathered to hear our fantastic news.

"I'm sure you're wondering what drugs Chris and I our taking. The answer is none."

"We have some news for you all."

"Uncle Leo the lion will be happening in about 7 months."

We let what was just told sink in with the garage family. Louise squeaked excitedly and Chris squeezed my hand. Leon rose suddenly from his chair and beamed a million dollar smile. He pounced over to Chris and patted his back giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Am I really going to be an uncle?"

"I'm going to be an auntie?!" Diane exclaimed and began squealing. "Joey I'm going to be an auntie!" She leapt onto her boyfriends knee and began hugging and kissing him dramatically.

"We're going to be daddy's? Oh my God Chris. We're going to be people carrier wankers."

"We'll never be people carrier wankers Si."

They did a weird pact thing before all the congratulations were passed around. I was thrilled that everyone was so happy for us. Just like they were for Simon and Louise. Simon was so excited to be a daddy. Him and Louise got a house together a little under a week ago and we were busy chatting and refurbishing it most of the time.

I couldn't wait to be a mum. I couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people to share a new life with.