Chapter Twelve

I was comfortably sat down around the neatly decorated Christmas tree. Chris and I had decorated it a while ago, we usually did it together every year. I was watching the two boys who were sprawled across my sofa. They were like two kids playing some racing game on the Xbox. Only these kids were drunk, merry and made the whole room alive with laughter. Chris sat behind me on the bean bag with his arm around me protectively.

Simon and Joey were staying the night as they both were under the influence of drink, plus, the roads were still a hazard. Malcom had gone home earlier at around half nine. It was about half one right now. I was debating whether or not to go to bed. I pushed myself up off the brown leather bean bag and scuttled off to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

I looked over at the three boys and was reminded of family. I remembered my own family. I regreted thinking about it instantly. I felt my wall drop and my emotions threatening to cave in.

"I'll be back in a few." I stated. I wandered out into the hallway and walked upstairs to my room. Every Christmas reminded me of family. A family I no longer had. There was always a stage in the day were I would reminice on them. I could feel my emotions become overwhelming and decided it was best to leave and let them out of my system.

I could hear the laughter and banter the boys were having downstairs. I stripped out of my clothes, removed my make up and went for a shower to clear my thoughts. My tears fell in sequence with the water droplets of the shower. I slid down the tiled wall while running my hands through my wet hair.

"Gabriella?" I heard a faint knock on the en suite door. "Can I come in?" Chris asked. I didn't answer he just knew to come in. He stood at the sink opposite the shower and pushed himself down into a squat.

"Ella, come on baby." He soothed. "Let's go to bed, yeah?" I nodded and he reached in to take my hand and help me out. He pulled the towel off the shelf beside the shower and threw it around me, drying my body. He kissed my damp shoulder and lifted me up in his strong arms, carrying me to bed.

"Is it your parents?" He asked while stroking my wet hair. I nodded. "You're going to get cold, I'll dry your hair for you and get you my hoodie." I sat like a dummy. I didn't talk. I just stared into space.

"I know you think you don't exactly have a family anymore Gabriella but you do. Maybe not by blood but by loyalty and love."

I stayed silent as he dried my hair and dressed me. I was like his little doll. I cheered up at the thought of what it must look like. My big muscled man drying my hair. I wiped away my tears and soaked in his words. I knew my parents wouldn't want me crying. Especially on Christmas.

"Thank you." I whispered to Chris as he turned off the hairdryer.

"I love you." He reminded me, pulling me into his arms. I kissed his lips and it turned passionate. It wasn't a needy, heated kiss. It was a loving, tender kiss. It was a kiss that contained a thousand words and feelings. A kiss that shared love that words could not.

I couldn't understand why I couldn't bring myself to be with this man. He cared deeply for me and I felt the same back yet something was stopping me. He had fallen asleep cuddling into me. I felt the rise and fall of his chest behind me. It had a soothing effect that made me want to sleep but my thoughts were so scattered that I was wide awake. Why could I not let myself be happy with him?

I woke the following morning to a knock at my front door. I was about to get up to answer it but someone had got to it before me. Chris was still lightly snoring next to me. Thank God he wasn't a heavy snorer. I heard Simon's voice telling whoever it was to piss off that she had someone who actually cared for her. I knew from that line that it was Sebastian. I owed him an explination so I carefully removed myself from beside Chris and left the room without a squeak.

"Sebastian, come in." My voice was still husky from my sleep moments ago. I rubbed my eyes and picked out the crispy sleep from the corners. I noticed the vile look that Si threw me and chose to ignore it.

"Gabriella, it's nice to see you."

"Just lovely to see you too." I muttered sarcastically.

"How have you been?"

"Fine. Look lets cut to the chase here, what do you want?"

"I want you to date me."

"Seb, why do you want me? I mean look at me? I'm a mechanic who lives my life with three boys, who I love dearly don't get me wrong, I basically have the man I'm going to marry in my bed sleeping as we speak yet I can't commit to him and here you are confusing my thoughts even more."

"I really like you."

"Yeah I like you too, you're a good looking chap who is down to earth but I can't do it on Chris. It's not fair on him or any of us for that matter."

"I brought you a present, it's on your hall table, open it when I leave. I understand but Gabriella will you do me one favour?"

"What is it?"

"Will you accompany me to a New Years Ball? Just give me one more night with you."

"I can't do that, I don't belong in your world."

"How can you say that when you never tried? I don't want you to change. I just-"

"Sebastian. I will go on one more date with you on one condition."

"Yes anything."

"If I don't want anything to do with you after it, you leave me alone."

"You promise you haven't already made up your mind?"

"I promise. So have we a deal?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"I'll leave you to enjoy Boxing Day. I'll be in touch."

"Alright, goodbye Sebastian."

I swear that man had me weak. How could I not say no? I was becoming more serious with Chris as we speak yet I couldn't resist that man. I had to choose and hopefully this ball would help me make up my indecisive mind.

I wandered out into the hall and seen two boxes tied with ribbon. One was a long rectangular shape while the other was smaller and square. There was a card set on top of the cream boxes. I set it to one side and began to open the gifts.

I lifted the lid off the larger box to find an item of clothing. Not just any old item, this was a dress fit for a princess. It said it was a design from his sisters collection which slightly surprised me. In the smaller box was a dazzling diamond necklace that I could probably afford if I sold all my cars and then some. Clearly this was for the Ball. Which he must have knew I would agree to go on, cocky bastard but yet so handsome and thoughtful.