Chapter Twenty Five

I sat on the comfortable sofa with my feet curled up underneath me. I was smirking at my phone screen due to a current amusement of mine and it seemed, many others, on Facebook. The video Joey had posted of me being an 'epic boss' had gone viral around the area. It still made me laugh but it didn't please Simon one bit that I caught him naked at work after having sex and threw an ice cold bucket of water over him.

"I can't believe you did that to me Gab. Joey, I am still considering killing you." Simon shook his head beside me while peering into my phone aswell.

"Bro, you're lucky you still have your testicles in fairness." Leon reminded Simon. Leon bent over and nudged my forehead with his in a playful mannerism.

He had began doing some office work in the garage with me to allow Chris and I some time off and as a way to pay some rent for staying in my house. I appreciated his effort even though he was more than welcome to stay. I still hadn't heard why he returned here or what he was working or not working at.

My sister was also still here, as was Joey. I liked all their company, even if it could be slightly crowded at times. They respected my home. They didn't bring any one-night-stands home which was the most surprising part.

As soon as Chris and I were married, I wasn't sure how it was going to work out with all of us under the one roof. I knew Chris wanted children at some stage. I just hoped I was able to give him what he wanted, after the accident I wasn't sure. I could feel my content state start to falter at the thought of not being able to please my future husband and I admit, it would deeply sadden myself too.

A lot happens in a month. In this month it seemed a lot more had happened than it usually does. Diane was in one of her dilemmas as usual. She had grown fond of Joey and although they didn't do it in my home, they were definitely sorting out each others needs elsewhere. Ricky was still on the scene and she was torn on which way to steer her love life. We were alike in that way I guess. I hoped she would choose wisely as it could leave a situation very awkward if she decided incorrectly.

The biggest news in my eyes was that Chris and I were planning our wedding, which was to happen in the near future of this year. If I said I wasn't petrified, I'd be lying but I knew Chris would support me every step of the way and I knew he would support me for the rest of our future, not just for now.

I was finally summoned by my sister to leave the house. She had eventually gotten ready, an hour after we were suppose to leave. Usually I would leave without her but today I needed her. Today we were going dress shopping for my wedding. It was something I never really thought I would be doing, at least not so early in my life. I didn't believe I would find a suitable dress for me but perhaps I would for my bridesmaids.

Chris and I had discussed our wants for the wedding as well as our likes and dislikes, even though we already knew the majority of them from the years we spent together. The venue was booked, a smashing hotel that dripped in elegance and ticked all the boxes. We were lucky to get it last minute, thank goodness for cancelations. I pushed my thoughts behind myself as I parked my car outside the first shop Diane had told me we were going to visit.

"Hello ladies, how can I help you?" A friendly woman strolled confidently over to us as we entered the first boutique.

"Oh hello, I'm just looking for the moment thanks." I smiled

I turned around to Diane giving her a look as if asking her where we should begin. She shrugged her shoulders at me which didn't exactly help. I pulled my handbag up higher on my shoulder, sighed and wandered over to the nearest rail of bridal gowns. I carefully looked through the vast amount of dresses but didn't see anything that was me or stood out dramatically. The rest of the day was pretty much the same. Looking to find a big fat nothing. It was closing time in an hour and things weren't looking hopeful, as I had expected.