Chapter Seventeen

"YOU BASTARD! TRYING TO KILL HER AND A WEEK LATER, NOT EVEN AN HOUR AFTER SHE WAKES, YOU'RE PROPOSING TO HER!"

My head turned towards the door to see a belligerent Sebastian charging towards Chris who was on the chair next to me. Chris stood up sending the chair that he was sat in flying back into the corner of the room. It's legs screeched painfully as it moved across the dull floor. He stood infront of me protectively incase Seb got to me. Sebastian lifed his arm back, let it free and attempted to bash Chris in the head continuously. Thankfully Chris dodged the punches Seb was throwing.

I was worried because Chris was only recovering. If he got hit in the head he could land back in here along with me or worse. He may have been bigger frame wise next to Seb but he might not be as skilled, I didn't know what ability Sebastian had at fighting but I knew Chris had a lot of experience, including street fighting which I suppose prepares and gives you a different set of techniques.

Joey came into the room next to see what the rumpus was. He seen me crying and as much as he wanted to let Chris defeat Sebastian he tried to stop the fight. He struggled to split the pair apart. They were adamant to knock each other out and get into the dominant position. The room was getting bashed in too. I seen blood on their knuckles, bloody noses and bloody lips.

I had enough. They weren't listening to my protests, Joey couldn't stop them and I had no idea where the hospital security was. I let out a gut wrenching scream, the kind that makes your blood curdle. I had no idea how I even mustered it out of my body, especially when my lungs hurt like hell.

The two men stopped in their tracks and turned to face me. Fresh tears sprung into my irratated eyes. The three of them were contemplating on what to say or do. I finally found my voice.

"You disgust me Sebastian. How could you start a fight with me in this condition? And as for you Chris, it takes two to tango. What on earth were you's thinking!?"

"He almost killed you!"

"You could have killed me there too with the way you were going!"

"Why do you always stand up for the attempted murderer?"

"What did you just call me? You have no idea how horrible I feel about that. It will haunt me for the rest of my life."

"That doesn't change what you did!"

"I know it doesn't."

"You can't marry him Gabriella!"

"Marriage?!" Joey declared, interrupting the first time I actually seen the pair of enemies talk, even if it was an arguement.

"You can't marry him because I love you too."

"Get me a bucket. Thank GOD I will never fall in love." Joey interrupted once again.

My eyes settled on Sebastian. My mouth was agape. My eyebrows were beginning to knit together. I felt so many emotions, anger, hurt, pain, confusion, the list was endless. I glimpsed over at Chris who appeared hurt that I was looking at Seb, listening to him. His eyes pleaded with me while Sebastian smirked. They were two very different people who shared the same desire for a girl. That girl being me.

I got frustrated at the sight of them. I didn't know what to do. I kept glancing between them. I couldn't speak, I was hurting from the heavy breathing and the battle I was having with my scattered emotions. I knew that there was only one of these men I loved with every cell of my body.

"Woah! What happened here?" Sabrina exclaimed walking through the doorway to my private room with Simon in persuit. He took one look at me and I knew he had the serious hots for Sabrina. I smirked over at him as Sabrina bickered with her brother over his behaviour. Simon gave me wide eyes signalling me not to tell a soul, I just winked back.

"Hello, how are you all today?"

"Hi Doctor Spencer." Joey smiled flirtily with the young lady doctor. Her hair was in a short sandy coloured bob. Her eyes were a dark blue and she owned a pleasant smile.

"I see our patient has woken, how are you Miss Thompson?"

"Gabriella, if you don't mind. I've been better." I replied honestly.

"Can you folks scoot out there? I just need to check her over."

The five of them scurried out of the room. Thick tension was still evident in the small room even after they had left. I smiled at the seemingly amicable doctor as she flicked through the clipboard on the end of the hospital bed.

"I'm guessing there was a dispute? Some of those boys are going to need stitches." She stated while glancing around the messy room. I nodded in reply. "So you had a nasty accident Gabriella, do you remember everything alright?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"You broke five ribs, one punctured your lung and almost killed you but our team are very persistant on not allowing death to occur. There was also some mild internal bleeding. Thankfully no limbs were broken and your head wasn't damaged. I don't know how you managed to dodge that but you are still going to have to be very careful with yourself. I even left orders that you weren't to sit up! You could rupture your lung again!"

"That was my fault, I can be quite demanding."

"Alright well it's good to see that you are able to do it but you need to rest, so down you go again I'm afraid. I know it will be boring for the next while but there's nothing only rest that can be done. I just want to check a few more things, oh and I can't let you home just yet, before you ask!"

"Damn."

"There is one more thing which I am very sorry to have to tell you Gabriella."

Even though I had no idea what it could be, my heart sank. Fear made it's way through my bones. Something told me it wasn't good from her tone of voice and attitude.

"I'm sorry to tell you that you lost your baby upon the impact of the accident."

"Baby? What baby?"

"You didn't know?"

"Didn't know what?"

"Gabriella you were pregnant"

"Pregnant? I-I couldn't have b- oh wait- was I- pregnant?"

"It wasn't very far on but yes. You might not be able to have children in the future but providing the healing process goes correctly you may still have a chance."

I stared off into space completely consumed by the information I had just recieved. Chris and I would have been parents. Seb and I were always careful, unlike Chris and I.

"So what was going on with the two alpha males a moment ago?"

"Oh they both like me- a lot and I don't really know they just began to fight because maybe I was just proposed to." I mumbled distantly.

I continued to babble to the amicable doctor as she examined me carefully. I was really confused on what to do about everything. It probably wasn't going to change in a hurry. I never answered Chris and I was happy to leave things that way until I was fit to make a clear decision when I was better.

The doctor left me alone with my thoughts after giving me some advice on the matter. I presumed everyone had gone to get coffee or food when they didn't all barge in as soon as she put her hand on the door handle. I lay with my eyes closed thinking about the horrible event that put me here in the first place.

I still didn't believe Chris had done it. It was almost as if there was a piece of the puzzle missing. Even though he badly lost it when he was angry, I was shocked he had even got so angry. Either way, I believed he would never hurt me. It was making me think twice about whether I really should be with him like I had decided on before the accident.

I reached across for my phone which someone had kindly placed on the bedside locker. I swiped across the screen and began to browse on my social media. I had numerous messages wishing me a speedy recovery and to get well soon. I spent a good while sifting through the thoughtful messages until I noticed Chris coming in the door. What was I going to do?