Chapter Twenty Nine

"Something new." Kim sang spritzing me with the new perfume I had got.

"Something old and blue." My sister smiled warmly handing me a small sapphire broach that belonged to our mother. My dress skirt was hiked up and the broach was delicately placed on my garter. "Blue and red would have looked far too patriotic, sorry Gab."

"Something borrowed!" My bridesmaids chimed handing me three simple but elegant bracelets.

"One is from each of us."

"Thank you." I glanced up from what they had given me with a watery smile. Tears were threatening to spill across my eyelids all day.

"You look stunning sis."

"I'm so excited! I'm going to have a gorgeous sister!" Kim squealed.

"You scrub up well." Lou chimed.

"Oh stop it will you's, you know I don't like mushy crap."

"Sorry but seriously, you do."

"So do my bridesmaids."

They looked at each other and laughed. They genuinely did look gorgeous in their red gowns.

"Hey!" Joey hissed around the door.

"Hello Joey, don't you look fine when you're suited up?"

"Yes I do. You have like fifteen minutes to get there, are you ready to leave?"

"Shouldn't you be there Joey?"

"Yeah but I came back to drive my kangaroo there. The church is pretty much full and Chris' cousin said he'd manage because Chris wanted me to drive you because he didn't trust anyone else with his bride because of the state cars came to his garage in. His words not mine."

"That cheeky bugger! I'm not married to him yet!"

"You'll not be married at all if you don't get a move on."

"Okay girls lets go."

It felt like seconds had gone by when we rolled up on the crunching gravel beside the old stone church. My stomach fluttered uncontrollably and a sweat threatened to spill out over my skin with nerves.

"Relax!"

"It's kind of hard."

"You're about to marry the love of your life. Could things be any better for you?"

I thought about what Diane had just said. He really is the love of my life. I'd be crazy not to marry him. I wasn't doubting marrying him for a second, to be nervous about it was silly. I was a confident person and I was going to take it all in my stride.

I entered the porch of the familiar family church and prepared myself to walk up the aisle to my handsome basically husband. I was walking this alone. I refused to get upset about my parents on my wedding day but I wished they could be here so bad. I knew that this part of the wedding was going to get to me the most. My heart ached. I was jealous of everyone who could do this with their father or even their mother. How could they have been taken so cruelly from me and Diane.

"Sis stop thinking about it."

"I can't."

"It's hard but think of Chris, he won't want you upset on your wedding day."

"I can't do it Diane. I can't." I turned around to leave. I hadn't realised the music had begun playing and I was suppose to be walking down the aisle right now. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Louise reached the door and did some sort of signal to the boys. Were they expecting this? Probably. I knew it was going to happen as much as I didn't want it to. I ran outside across the graveyard to their graves. I didn't care. I had been early and it's a given the bride was to be late to her wedding.

I hunkered down and fixed the flowers on their immaculately kept graves. A silent tear slid down my cheek. Followed by a few more trickling down slowly.

"I miss you both. I don't think I can do this without you." I mumbled. I heard footsteps behind me.

"I don't care that you are a traditionalist. You are marrying me now." Chris ordered.

I whipped my head around to see Chris. My breath caught in my throat when I realised how gorgeous he looked. I could see it happened him too only he was sad because I was upset. He kneeled down beside me and took my hands into his.

"Come on."

"I can't do it without them Chris."

"But you can do it with me."

"What?"

"I'm going to walk down that scary aisle with you "

"You can't do that."

"Yes I can. I told you, I don't care if you're a traditionalist. And if it means you're happy and you'll marry me I'll do it a million times. Gabriella I love you. Don't be my runaway bride, I like that car too much."

He stated nodding over at the vehicle that would bring us to the hotel. I laughed lightly at his joke, sniffled and before I knew it he had me standing up embraced in his arms. I was glad he came out because truth be told he was the only person here that could make me change my mind and go back to our wedding. He was the only one knew how to deal with me in situations like these. He knew me better than I knew myself and it showed. He always had an answer for my problems and I always had an answer for his - even though I was usually the cause of his.

"I love you Chris."

"Then come marry me and prove it my beautiful bride."

I nodded softly and smiled wearily at his ridiculously sexy appearance. I don't think I'd ever seen him look so well. We tramped back across the grass hand in hand. My stunning bridesmaids were waiting anxiously at the door. They smiled triumphantly when they realised Chris had achieved the task of fetching me and bringing me back to where I belonged right now.

It wasn't long before I made it to the back of the church with Chris, ready to walk up the dreaded aisle with him. I took a deep breath. How the tables turn so quickly. I felt like I could conquer anything with him by my side. He knew that. He knew I would be okay now.

"You don't have to do this." I stated.

"I want to."

"People-"

"I don't care."

I nodded again. The music began and before I knew it we were at the alter slipping rings on each others fingers and I was crying tears of happiness. The clergyman cracked a few jokes on how I was crying because I got the wrong rings that I wanted the rings of an Audi instead. The congregation loved it and so did I. It was nice of him to lighten the atmosphere.

I was now officially Gabriella Thompson. I couldn't get my lips on his quick enough when 'you may now kiss the bride' was declared.

"You're mine now Mrs Thompson." He whispered into my lips just quiet enough for me to hear.

"I was always yours Chris." I whispered back.