Chapter 24

As I lay in bed, cuddling up to Blake, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. I keep having nightmares about what could've happened if the rogues caught up with us, or what they could've done to Blake. The thought sends shivers down my whole body.

Okay, so what happened on the road was my fault, I know that. I feel really bad about that, and I wish it never happened. The most important thing is that we're all safe. The both of them had handled the situation so well and calmly. If it were only me in the car with the twins, I would've freaked out almost immediately and I would have most certainly frozen up.

I sighed trying to push the thoughts back in my mind. To a place where it can hopefully stay and not return. I know that's not always possible but, oh well. I closed my eyes thinking that I should probably get some sleep, because tomorrow is going to be very busy. Katherine is going to be here, I have no clue if Henry(Blake's dad) was going to be here. I really don't want to face him tomorrow, so let's hope he doesn't show.

Looking at the the red numbers glowing in the dark from the clock on the nightstand, I saw that it was literally the middle of the night. That's fantastic, I have less than maybe 6 hours of sleep to get before I have to feed Nova and Nevaeh again. I snuggled more into Blake's side inhaling his scent and slowly drifted off to a restless sleep.

It feels like I've only been asleep for a few minutes when I heard the first whine of one of the babies. When I opened my eyes the room was lit with sunlight and Blake was already up and giving the twins their bottles. I stared at him in awe, he hasn't noticed that I'm awake yet. This man right here has already stolen my heart again, and to be honest, I don't mind at all.

"Good morning, why didn't you wake me when the twins woke up for their bottles?" I asked as I still just lay there in bed looking at his handsomeness. He quickly looked to me and the look in his eyes are just pure love and adoration. " I didn't want to wake you, because I know you haven't slept that long last night, and the doctor really said you should still take things easy and rest." he said softly, attempting to lean over to give me a kiss. After failing a little bit because he had Nevaeh in his arms giving her bottle to her and Nova was on his little feeding pillow with his bottle propped up so it doesn't slip an fall.

I sat up an gave him a quick kiss and got up and quickly darted to the bathroom. I did my business and washed my hands. I looked around to see if I can find a brush, a toothbrush and toothpaste. I wanted to at least brush my hair and teeth before I helped Blake with the babies.

Leaving the bathroom I found the room empty, panic settled in and I rushed downstairs to find Blake with the twins in the living room, Shyla was there as well with Nova in her arms busy burping him. Nevaeh started screaming, a crying sound I haven't heard before, but you can tell from the cry that something is hurting her. She turned red in the face and started throwing her whole bottle up. Blake had a worried look in his eyes as he looked at me to know what to do.

Honestly I didn't know what was wrong. I walked over and tried to check what was wrong with her as Blake quickly cleaned up the vomit and himself as well, seeing as it got over him too. I checked everything on Nevaeh, as she was still screaming. I checked her nappy, I checked if she still had a wind, I checked her temperature but I couldn't find the problem.

"Blake, I think you should get a doctor here as soon as possible." I told Blake. I am starting freak out, this is my first time doing this, I don't know what to do. Tears gathered in my eyes. This is all too much. Why is everything going wrong? Why now? Blake's eyes glossed over as I thing he is mind linking someone. In a matter of minutes the pack doctor rushed through the doors.

He was shocked when he saw me there. "Dr. Smith, please help us. I don't know what is wrong with her, she just started screaming and then just threw up. She hasn't stopped screaming since." I informed him of what happened.