Pregnant with the Alpha's pups

"This can't be happening!"

My breathing was frantic as I found myself staring at the fourth pregnancy test I had clutched tightly around my trembling fingers. I released the cold chunk of plastic from my grasp and watched it fall to the ground slowly, those two lines taunting me and making my stomach do flips while the test smacked against the cold floor.

I covered my mouth as the reality of the situation came crashing down upon me. Looking around hastily, I made sure to lock the bathroom door and close all the windows so no straggler could hear my desperate cries.

How could this have happened?

Of course, I knew how it happened, I wasn't an idiot. It was just all surreal, like a rare lucid dream that would shatter if I got too intoxicated with happiness.

Though, I was far from happy at this moment. Registering the oncoming panic attack seeping through my body, I let myself slide down the glossy white walls, staining them with a thin layer of transparent sweat.

A sob raked throughout my body, then another one, and soon I was shielding my face from what I knew would be all the provocation from the fellow pack members.

What had I done?

Or more specifically, what had he done?

Shifting in my spot, I drew my knees up to my chest defensively, wishing for my parents to hold me, and tell me it was going to be okay. Any sort of words from them, really.

I would've given anything in the world just to remember the sound of their voices once again. It was all just a distant memory from that point forward.

I heard my wolf try to comfort me in the back of my mind, whispering soft, kind words rhythmically, as if she was humming a single lullaby for a newborn pup. She was comforting like that, I'll admit.

'It'll be okay, Sophia'

I'm not in the mood, Sapphire.

'but-'

Please... I just wanna be left alone.

'okay'

And suddenly; all sounds in my brain stopped. It hadn't been this tranquil since I met him. Contrary to popular belief, when you lock eyes with your mate for the first time, your mind goes blank. The only thing that makes a sound is the distant calling of your wolf to be close to your mate, no matter who they are, or what they do.

Finally being alone with my thoughts though, gave me time to reminiscent about how I came to be where I was at this moment.

It didn't feel like anything other than an ordinary day, except (of course) for the dozens of pack members fretting over Blake's birthday.

Only the best for the future alpha, after all~

It was all bullshit, in my opinion, though I'd never have dared to voice my opinion out loud. Everyone was getting so worked up about what colour frosting he would have on his cake; as if he'd even eat it.

I watched silently as a few other omegas such as myself glazed the sugary blocks of sponge with layers upon layers of thick, vibrant frosting. I was supposed to be helping, of course. That was the prime role as an omega. To serve the rest of the pack humbly.