Chapter 27

BLAKE'S POV

Sophia has been gone with the twins for more than five hours already. I was starting to get worried.

'Shyla are you still with my mate and pups?' I asked Shyla through the link. I waited for a few minutes and I was still met with silence.

'Zack, my mate and my pups are out there somewhere with Shyla. I cannot get in contact with them and Shyla isn't answering my link. Find them and bring them back safely.' I ordered my Beta.

He quickly responded and said he'll take a few of the pack warriors with him. I grabbed my phone and called Sophia's number. A few seconds later her ringtone rang through the house.

My heart dropped as soon as I heard it ringing in the house. I dropped the call and phoned my mother. She picked up on the third ring.

"Blake, is everything alright?" she asked when she picked up.

"Mom, I don't know. Have you heard anything from Sophia and Shyla today?" I blurted out my voice wavering, because I was scared that something had happened to the four of them.

I really hoped that nothing had happened to them, they were all that I had, all that I was living for. I don't know what I was going to do without them. I would be so lost without them.

"No, honey did something happen between the two of you?" she knew something was up. She knew something happened.

"Mom, we had a few words and she left with Shyla and the twins, she said she'd only be a few hours and it's been five hours already." I explained, knowing that she was going to shit a brick.

There was a few minutes of silence, before she was biting my head off about everything. She brought up the past about how I rejected Sophia, got her pregnant, made her leave, about how I just screwed up things between the both of us. How I screwed it up from the start and how Sophia was just so kind and innocent to let me back into her life and be a part of the twins lives.

My mother was still in the middle of her ranting when my phone beeped with another incoming call. When I told my mother that there was another call waiting for me and that I'll call her back, she told me that she will be on her way to my house, and that is when I knew that she would beat my ass.

I hung up the call and looked at who was calling and it was Zach. I answered so fast. "Zach tell me what you have" I demanded in my alpha tone.

"Alpha, the Luna and Shyla are safe with your pups at the park about ten minutes away from your house." He said quickly.

"Don't let them leave your sight, I'm on my way." I said and hung up.

I ran out of the house and hopped into my truck and sped of to the park. When I arrived at the park my beautiful mate was sat with Shyla and our twins under a big tree. Her eyes were blood red, I think she might've been crying. 

I feel so bad, because I know that I am the cause of those tears, the cause of her unhappiness. 

I walked over to them and Shyla bowed her head when I was close enough. "Shyla, can you please give us a minute to talk?" I asked in my alpha tone.

She bowed her head again and stood up and walked away. I sat next to Sophia on the ground looking at her. Her gaze was kept on the floor. I moved closer to her and lifted her chin so that she can look at me.

When her eyes fell on mine I could see that her eyes were in fact blood shot and puffy. Guilt settled in, this is really all my fault. She was trying her best to get used to the twins and getting accustomed to Nevaeh having reflux and all.