Labor

So it's been more than a month since I've been in this pack and this baby is almost ready to pop out. I'm on my last week and I can't wait but I'm also stressed. What if something goes wrong while I'm in labor?What if I'm a bad mother?

"Soph, stop over thinking things. It's putting stress on you and the baby and it's not good." Jake says from beside me. We are in the screen room watching a movie. A lot has happened after I've been welcomed into the pack. I met a few new people and I've also met McKenna, she's Zach's mate and now my best friend. After the welcoming we went to the mall and then McKenna and I went to get me a job at the pack's orphanage which Jake wasn't happy about. But I stopped working last week because that's what I promised him.

"What if I'm not a good mother to the baby?" I asked tears forming in my eyes. He looked at me " Sophia where is this all coming from?" He scolds with a worried look. " I don't know" I said looking down at my lap.

"Soph you are going to be one amazing mother to this baby" Jake says kissing the side of my head. I moved to stand and as I'm on my feet water just gushes from me and a huge pain hits my lower abdomen. " Jake..." I look at him to see that he has gone pale and his eyes are wide " Jake, this baby is coming we need to get to the pack hospital " I say as calmly as I can because I know if I freak out now Jake won't listen to anything I say and just freak out more.

He stands up and helps my out of the room and to the baby's nursery to get the bags that I have packed for the both of us, then we are down the stairs, out of the house and off to the pack hospital.

As we arrive to the hospital I'm getting out of Jake's truck while he is getting the bags. I walk in and sign myself in and they take me to my room with a wheelchair. When we get to my room they told me to get changed into the hospital gown and to get on the bed and to get as comfortable.

A couple of hours later and I'm only dilated to five centimeters. These couple of hours has been painful and long. I'm barely coping with the contractions.

"Yes Shyla, she's fine... Yes she's only five centimeters dilated... Yes I'm here for her... Yes Shyla I understand... OK see you soon bye" Jake says hanging up the phone.

He walks over to me and and holds my hand as another contraction hits. I whimper in pain and do my breathing exercises that the doctor told me to do when I get a contraction.

"What did Shyla say?" I ask as soon as it passes. " She just wanted to know if you were OK and if I was here to support you and that she was on her flight here right now, she'll be here before baby comes" he said looking at me with a small smile. I returned the smile just as Dr Paisley walks through the door.

"Sophia do you want to try something to speed up this labor?" He asked looking at me and then at Jake. I nod my head and then he speaks again" you can try walking around... It helped other women when they were in labor, maybe you would want to try that?" He says suggestively. I looked at Jake and then motioned for him to help me sit up straight. I then slid on my slippers that I packed in my bag. Then I walked with Jake out of my room and down the hall.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asked while supporting me with his hands. "A little weak and sore but farther then that I'm good" I said with a smile.

We turned around and another huge contraction decided to hit. I double over with pain and Jake supports me and holds up. After a while it went away and I had to stand against the wall to catch my breath.

When I got my breath back we headed back to my room and when we entered the room I was squeezed tight against another body. When the person leaned back I saw that it was Shyla. When I saw her I immediately broke down in tears.