Surprise!!

Jake's POV

"Soph, stop over thinking things. It's putting stress on you and the baby and it's not good." I say to a very pregnant Sophia next to me. We are in the screen room watching a movie. The conjuring to be exact, which Soph isn't even focusing on. She always gets this look on her face which tells me she's actually overthinking the whole motherhood laying ahead in our lives.

"What if I'm not a good mother to the baby?"she asked tears forming in her eyes. Seeing her cry always made my heart clench. Now don't get me wrong I loved my previous mate and the feelings I had from being with her would never be the same if the she-wolf isn't my mate, but with all the time that i spent with Sophia, I've started falling in love with her. I looked at her " Sophia where is this all coming from?" I scold her with a worried look. " I don't know" she said looking down at her lap, her thumbs twiddling .

"Soph you are going to be one amazing mother to this baby" I say kissing the side of her head. She moved to stand up, struggling a little in the process, as she is up I see a puddle form at her feet. Oh fuck no! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the baby, but I'm also not ready for him/her. Soph looks at me with excitement, and yet she's still calm," Jake " she said and took a deep breath " This baby is coming right now, we need to get to the pack hospital", calmness laced in her voice. How she can be this calm I really have no clue, I'm freaking out over here!!! I got up, went up stairs to get the baby bag and Soph's hospital bag, she packed them both a couple of weeks ago. I placed them both in the back of my car and got Soph safely in the car and sped off to the pack hospital.

Right as we got there I jumped out, got Soph out carefully and rushed as quickly as we could into the hospital. A couple of nurse's came to help us, one coming along with a wheelchair for Sophia. They wheeled her into a room and gave her a hospital gown and then got her a little comfortable on the bed.

After a while, and after a whole lot of contractions later the doctor came back into the room. "So Soph, you're halfway dilated." the doctor said and then left again. I can see that she is really going through a lot of pain. I really want to just do something to take her pain away, but I know it's only her mate that can do that.

My phone rang and Shyla's name popped up on the screen. Jeez she's been up my ass for the past couple of hours. I picked up and she already talked to me as is I was going to hurt Sophia. I would never, not after she got rejected.

(J= Jake S=Shyla, duh captain obvious, lol)

J" Hi Shyla, how are you?"

S" Oh you know a little stressed but good I just landed and on my way to the hospital"

J" Oh yeah don't worry I'm good too Shy, but that's good, she really needs you here"

S" Is she ok? I really am worried about her"

J" Yes Shyla, she's fine"

S"Has she been dilated , and how far?"

J" Yes, she's only five centimeters dilated"

S"You better be there for her, I'm warning you Jake"

J"Of course I'm here for her Shy."

S"Seriously Jake ,I'm not joking. But anyway see you soon cous"

J"Yes Shyla I understand, See you soon. Bye "

After I put my phone away Soph looked at me as I walked closer to her and took her hand in mine. Just as I did that she whimpered as another contraction hit her and she squeezed my hand. She started breathing in and out slowly for a couple of minutes as it subsided.

"What did Shyla say?" she asked with a little tears in her eyes. "She wanted to know if you were ok, and if I was here to support you.And that her flight landed, she'll be here before baby comes." I said with a small smile wiping her tears. Her doctor came into the room, I think his name is Dr.Paisley. He was my mate's doctor.