Chapter 13

Dream's Pov:

It's been a month now, since George decided to ignore me. Everything feels so wrong without him. I keep making stupid decisions, keep zoning out in class or when I'm with friends.

Today's wednesday and we have football practice. That's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment, to be honest.

I on the way to the locker room when I feel someone grabbing my arm. I turn around to see who it is. It's the girl that talked to me, the first week of school. I know her now, she's one of the popular kids, she sits with me at the same table. People always say she's the prettiest girl at the school, I can't deny that.

"Hey Dream, so uhm... now that we know each other a bit better..." She starts rambling on and just like that a circle has formed around us. Of course, everyone wants to know what's up when the pretties girl and the football captain are talking to each other.

I hate the attention. It's not that I don't like being popular, but just everyone being in my business is so annoying. "I wanted to ask you out on a date again. This saturday?" She peers up at me.

"I-" Everyone is staring at me, waiting for my answer. I look around the hallway, not knowing what to say. My eyes fall onto someone in the distance. It's George, standing at his locker, putting some books away.

I can't see his face. I wish I could. I wish I could just walk up to him, talk to him. But he'd just run off. I've tried before, he wouldn't even look me in the eyes.

When he closes his locker and walks off, I turn my attention back to the girl, and all the others standing infront of me. "Sure." I don't know why I agreed. I just panicked. Everyone pressuring me into saying something, I just gave in.

Her face lights up and she gives me a hug, it happens so fast that I can't even react so my arms are just trapped in it.

After all that went down, I finally arrive at the lockerroom. I get changed really quickly, because everyone seems to be on the field already.

I get greeted by slap on the back by Sapnap, the field feels like home. Running around with the others, making jokes, tackling each other. It's the best. Though something is missing. George. Without him, it feels so much more empty, lifeless.

It's so stupid, he's only been our waterboy for one week and then immediately quit, but still. He was part of the team. I remember that I gave him my jacket, he still has it.

I wonder if he still wears it sometimes. If he misses me. I hope he does. Because I miss him. I miss him so, so much. I just wish I could talk to him again.

I don't care about what people would think of us, I just want him by my side again.

"Dream! Are you even listening!?" I hear Sapnap shouting at me from afar. I completely forgot that we were on the field. I just get lost in my own thoughts.

"Sorry! I'll focus!" I scream back. He throws the ball at me and I catch it perfectly. "Nice catch!" We pass the ball to each other a couple more times.

After practice Sapnap and me are chatting in the lockerroom while getting changed. "So, he won't answer your text aswell?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"Yeah, he hasn't texted me back since like 3 weeks ago. I tried to catch him in the hallways but he's like invisible." Sapnap ties his shoes, I can see actual worry on his face.

I put on the hoodie I was wearing before practice. "I don't know what to do. I just wanna talk to him. But he won't even give me the chance."

"Quackity has been hanging out with him a bit, he told me. But George refuses to talk with him about this whole situation and him not being waterboy anymore." He grabs the jacket that is hanging in his locker.

"And now I have to go on a date with-" I start rambling but Sapnap interrupts me almost immediately. "Wait, I thought you didn't want a stupid highschool romance?"

"I don't. I don't even think I like her that much. I just got pressured into saying yes, so I did." I go to sit down on the bench in the middle of the room. Letting my face fall into my hands.

Sapnap sits down next to me, his hand patting my back. "Just tell her at the date, that you don't like her in that way."

I lean myself onto him, he lays his head on my shoulder and I lay mine on his. We just stay like this for a couple of minutes, saying nothing. I think of everything I want to say, how much this whole thing with George is bothering and how much worse I've been feeling the last couple of weeks.

"C'mon. Let's go to your house and, I dunno, play some video games. Distract ourselves from all this a bit." Sapnap slaps his thighs.

I nodd in agreement, and we both stand up and pack the rest of our things, ready to leave.

_______________________________________

This chapter is a bit shorter, the whole conflict will go on for a couple of chapters I think. :(

Thank u guys for over 200 reads in general. This is crazy <3