Chapter 48

Tw:
Sexual harassment

George's Pov:

I slowly walk towards Dream, who doesn't even turn around to see who's behind him. He knows it's me.

Silently, I sit down next to him. I look out onto the lake, the reflection of the stars looks beautiful.

I'm not sure wether I should start the conversation or let him take his time. I go with the second option, so we sit in silence for a while.

After a couple of minutes, he starts to talk, his voice so low I almost can't hear it. "I'm sorry for ruining the mood." I turn to look at him in disbelief. "You didn't ruin the mood. If anyone has done that it's Sapnap. But I wouldn't even blame him either."

Another long pause. The longer we wait the harder this is going to get. So I decide to speak up. "What- what exactly happened with your ex-girlfriend?"

My heart starts beating faster, I can feel the tension in the air. What the fuck did she do?

I see Dream trying to say something multiple times but stopping himself before he can. I take my eyes off him, trying to make him feel less trapped.

After what feels like an eternity, he says something. "She- she kind of... sexually... assaulted me."

I feel like my heart stops beating. Slowly, I turn my head back to look at him, there's tears in his eyes. I reach out to take his hand in mine and he lets me.

His hands are cold, shaking. "What did she do to you?" I say this in a soft voice, rubbing his hand. I don't know if it's okay to ask that. But I just need to know.

"It's not like she raped me or anything... I-" He stops for a moment, tears running down his face. "Take a deep breath. It's okay, take your time." I turn so that my whole body is now facing him, wanting to make him feel like I'm here, I'm there for him.

"We just made out and, even though I didn't want her to, she kept on touching me. I made it clear to her that I didn't want her to, you know? I said no." His voice breaks a couple of times while trying to explain what happened. I just nod at him.

"She tried to unzip my pants, but I was able to stop her. Maybe, maybe I'm just exaggerating... I mean she was my girlfriend at that time." He wipes away his tears but it doesn't really matter, since there's already new ones building up.

I squeeze his hand. "No. No your not exaggerating. If you felt like you were harassed, then it was harrassment. You even told her to stop but she didn't." I tilt his head up, so that he finally looks me in the eyes.

And that's when I also start to tear up. What if I'm the reason all of this has happened? He only got into this situation because I distanced myself away from him. This is my fault.

"I- I'm so sorry." I feel a tear running down my cheek. "This is all my fault."

He looks at me confused, almost a little angry. "What? This is not your fault! If it's anyones fault it's hers."

"But I was the one who brought you into this whole mess by distancing myself away from you." I start shaking at this point, I squeeze his hand even thighter.

"George. Don't ever believe that. She's the one who did this to me, it doesn't matter how it got to this point." He pulls me into a hug, a hug that we both really needed.

When he draws back, I'm the first one to say something. "Thank you so much for telling me. If- if there's anything bothering you, like when we do something and you don't feel like doing it, tell me and we can stop immediately."

I can see a small smile appearing on his face, he wipes his tears away once again. "I know. I will. I trust you."

'I trust you.' I tear up again.

Now I'm the one pulling him into a hug. We just stay like this for a while. Until I see Sapnap coming out of the tent from the corner of my eye.

"D'you guys need some more time or...?" He walks towards us and stops a few meters away from us. "Karl would do his dare now, if that's okay with you guys." He just kind of awkwardly stands there.

"That's okay. Come here." Dream signals him to get closer to us, so he can give a hug aswell.

After that, Sapnap calls the others, shouting at the tent for them to get out. As they come stumbling out of the tent, Dream and I stand up. I hold his hand tightly. I wish I could just never let go of it.

He's so strong for telling me all of this. I move his hand up to my face, giving it a quick kiss. He turns to look down at me, he looks a lot calmer then a couple of minutes ago. And that also makes me calmer.

Karl walks onto the pier and starts taking off his clothes. "Okay, so how long do I have to stay in the water?" He hands his shirt to Sapnap and unbuttons his pants.

"I don't know. Just stay in there as long as you want." I shrug at him. I'm starting to feel more and more relaxed.

I'm kind of glad that we have some sort of distraction, otherwise it probably would have been way harder to handle all these feelings right now.

Karl takes off his pants so that he's only in his underwear now. I see Quackity come running from inside the house, a towel in his hands.

Just when I lay my eyes on Karl again, he jumps into the water. He lands with a big splash, some of the water splashing onto me and Dream, only a few drops though.

"Oh my fucking- It's so cold!" We all just stare down at him, I hear a chuckle coming from Dream. I squeeze his hand again, a smile appearing on my face now, too.

"Does anyone want to join me?" Karl splashes some water into our direction but it doesn't reach us. "No thank you!" Sapnap shouts down at him.

Karl gives him a frown. "Okay then, I'm getting out. I feel like I'm gonna freeze to death." He makes his way to the shore. When he gets out of the water, he's shaking.

Quackity quickly hands him the towel. "Shit, I didn't expect it to be that cold." Karl is still trembling, trying to get himself dry as quickly as possible.

"Let me give you my hoodie. I have a shirt on under it anyways, and just a shirt isn't warm enough for you." Sapnap takes off his hoddie and hands it to Karl.

"Thanks, handsome." Karl exchanges the towel with Sapnap's hoodie, putting it on as fast as he can. "Alright, I'll go inside and put on some dry pants and underwear. I'll be right back."

Karl starts walking away, Quackity and Sapnap follow him without a word, holding his towel and other clothes.

I look up at Dream, who gives me a soft smile shaking his head at me. "You really had to make him suffer, didn't you?" I just flash him an evil smile.

"Let's go get in the tent and make ourselves comfortable." Dream pulls me with him, as he makes his way back to the tent.

_______________________________________

Karl and Dream kissed😐

ANYWAYS how y'all doing?
We're so close to 50 chapters it's crazy ALSO over 20k reads in total!?!? Hello??
I love you guys!!

Cover art: doodle_acbi on twitter