Chapter 37

Dream's Pov:

I wake up to the sun shining onto my face, it's warm and calming. I wonder what time it is. I reach for my phone, it's 9 am.

I let out a yawn and look over to George, who's still sleeping. He looks even more beautiful with the sun shining directly on his face. He's the prettiest boy I've ever seen, and I mean it.

I get a notification from my phone, it's my mom. Curious, I klick on the contact.

Mom
Your teacher just sent me an email
You've been doing so much better in school lately!!
I'm very proud of you <3

Dream
Wait
Really? So I don't have to worry about not being on the team?
That's great!!

Mom
Yes! And you know, I had an idea.

Dream
What idea?

Mom
I thought maybe you and your friends (not that many, about 4-5 maximum) would like to spend the next weekend at our lake house.
As a reward :)

Dream
OMG
YESSS!!
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME :D
thank you so much <33

Mom
But you guys have to promise to not do anything stupid.
We can talk about it a bit more when you get home, ok?

Dream
Yeah! Of course :))

I grab George by his shoulder, softly shaking him awake. "Wh- what?" He mumbles out, burying his head into my chest. I sit myself up but instead of dragging himself up with me, he just lets himself slide down and onto my lap.

"Wake up, idiot. I have great news!" I ruffle his hair, making it even more messed up than it already is. "Stop!" He whines out clinging onto me even more.

"My mom just texted me! You remember the lake house my family bought two years ago? She said we could go there next weekend!" I cup his head in my hands and tilt it so he looks up at me.

His sleepy eyes peer into mine, he can barely hold them open. "That's cool. You're gonna have a lot of fun." He doesn't seem to understand what I meant. He just closes his eyes again.

"No. I meant that we, you, Sapnap, Karl, Quackity, and me, could go there." It takes some time for the realization to kick in for him, but when it does, you can clearly see it on his face.

"Oh my god. Really? That's so cool!" He's actually awake now, sitting himself up. "Next weekend? That's like so close! We have to plan so much!" He starts rambling.

But before he can get all anxious, I calm him down. "Don't worry. Me and my mom are gonna plan most of the stuff. All you would have to plan is what to bring with you."

"Oh okay." He lets out a deep breath, and lays his head back down on my lap, looking up at me. I stare at him for a while and he stares back, then I lean down and kiss him. "This is going to be the best weekend ever."

_______________________________________

I didn't tell the others about it yet, because I was too busy doing schoolwork. So I decided I'm just going to tell them at lunch break.

We always sit on the same table, so when I walk up to it, together with Sapnap and the others, George is already sitting there, wating for us.

He looks pretty tired, but that's understandable, Mondays are the worst days for him, since his least favorite subjects are all on that day.

"Hey, sleepyhead." I go to sit down next to him. His head is laying on the table, his arms covering his face. I give him a soft pat on the back and he slowly sits himself up.

The others sit down aswell, Sapnap sits next to me and Karl and Quackity on the opposite of the table. They all unpack their food and so do I.

Karl takes out some grapes and starts eating them. "Karl! Throw one and I'm gonna try to catch it with my mouth!" George calls out full of enthusiasm.

Karl doesn't hesitate a second and throws one at George. He doesn't catch it. "Another one!" Karl throws again and this time it lands directly in George's mouth. "YESS!!"

I chuckle at their stupidity, lunch breaks are always so fun with them. Quackity is showing a video on his phone to Sapnap and they're both laughing at it uncontrollably.

I try to catch everyones attention by speaking up pretty loudly. "I need to tell you guys something!" They all look at me confused, waiting for me to keep talking.

"My mom suggested that we could spend this weekend at my family's lake house. Just us, no parents. Are you guys in?" I smile it at them, full of excitement.

"HELL YEAH!" Sapnap jumps up and shouts so loud that the people on the tables next to us look in our direction.

The others also agree on wanting to go. "Okay, so I talked it through with my mom already and she said you all could come to our house Friday after school, then I can drive us to the lake house. The drive is like two hours long, so we should be there in the evening."

"So I'll just get my things ready for Friday morning and then we can already put it in your car when you pick me up for school. Then I can just go to your house with you right after school." George looks up at me, his head resting on his arm.

I give him a nod and a cheerful smile, then I take his other hand, but so that noone around us can see, and give it a light squeeze.

After we both stare at each other for a moment, we get back to eating, the break is almost over anyways, we have to hurry up.

_______________________________________

Sadly idk who made the art for the cover of this chapter, because I found it on tik tok :,)

I'm excited to write the lake house chapters!! I've been planning them for a week now haha