Chapter 56

George's Pov:

A couple of weeks have gone by. So far Dream and I have manged to keep our relationship a secret. Except for people that we know we can trust.

Today is the day of the big football game against the sbi team. I never thought I would actually be excited about football, but here we are.

Dream told me he'd pick me up before the game and that we'd drive there together. And that's what he did.

Now we're in the lockerrooms, everyone is extremely nervous and excited. I'm kind of glad that I don't have to play, that's just way too much pressure for me.

"Where are my shoes!?" I hear Quackity screaming form across the room. Quickly followed by a "Here!" from Punz.

I just sit on the bench, waiting for them to get ready, but this seems to take even longer than usual.

"I'm so nervous!" Sapnap shakes Karl by the shoulders, but Karl doesn't acknowledge him, tying his shoes.

Sapnap walks over to Dream, grabbing him by the shoulders and shaking him, just like he did with Karl. "Dream, I'm nervous!"

"I know you are, just try to calm down a bit. Save your energy for the game." He gives Sapnap a comforting hug and then continues to get changed.

The only one who doesn't keep rambling, is Callahan. But like, he almost never talks. Everyone else is talking over each other.

I'm starting to get a headache. How do they deal with this every game? This is so stressful. I get up and walk over to Dream.

I tap his shoulder. "I'm gonna go to the field already. It's just too loud in here. I'll see you in a few minutes?"

He gives me a nod and takes his shirt off. I take one last look around the room, they've all trained so hard the past couple of weeks. I feel like we have a good chance of winning.

Then again, the sbi team is pretty good aswell. I've also heard that they've been doing extra hours of training. I guess we'll just have to see.

_______________________________________

Dream's Pov:

I am so stressed. The game hasn't even started yet but there's so much adrenaline building up in my body.

The game itself is reason enough to be nervous, but now that I'm the team captain, it feel like I have to be even better. The expectations are so high on me.

I want to be there for my team, give them a tedtalk or something like that. But the pressure is just too much for me right now.

So instead of me saying something, coach bad offered to do it for me. When almost all of us are done changing, coach bad comes into the room and gives us a little speech.

"Okay boys, this is what we've been training for the last month! You guys have shown so much improvement the last game, and I'm expecting to see that again this time. And I know I will."

He claps his hands together. "I don't care if we win or not, give it your best. But I know for a fact that we can win this!"

He gives us a big smile and the whole room starts cheering. "I'll see you guys on the field in five to ten minutes!" And with that he leaves the room.

I put on the rest of the uniform. I'm ready. Well, not really emotionally but... I'm ready.

Sapnap storms over to me, the others are already leaving the room, ready to go on the field. "Dream! I need to pee! I need to pee so bad!" He whines, tugging on my jersey.

"Why didn't you go earlier? We have to be on the field in less then five minutes!" I shoot him an annoyed look.

"I don't know! I'm just so nervous! Can you please wait for me?" He makes puppy eyes at me, handing me his helmet.

I sigh and take it. "Fine. But hurry up!" I follow him to the hallway, waiting for him infront of the restrooms.

He's taking forever. Why is he taking so long? "Hurry up! The others are probably all waiting for us!" I open the door slightly, shouting into the room.

When I turn around again, I see Drista coming out of the girls restroom. "Oh, hey! Excited to cheer for us?"

She jumps a little at my voice, she didn't notice me at first. "Yeah! Good luck! You're gonna need it, this is a tough team."

"Well, we are a pretty strong team too, you know?" I lean against the wall and just when Drista is about to say something else, the door to the boys restroom opens and Sapnap steps outside.

I give him his helmet, Drista looks him up and down. "Did you wash your hands?"

Sapnap gives her an offended look. "Yes! They're still wet. Look." He shakes his hands in Drista's direction, trying to splash her with some remaining water on his hands.

Drista lets out a screech. "I believe you! Stop!" She tries to shield herself with her hands. Sapnap stops, laughing at her.

I grab Sapnap's arm, remembering that we should be on the field right now. "Sapnap, we have to go now! Come on!"

I drag him with me as I run down the hall, heading to the field. Drista runs after us, since she's also late.

When we arrive at the field, the cheer team is already practicing their routine. I see the others standing at the side of the field, talking to coach bad. George is sitting on the bench next to them, listening in on the conversation.

Sapnap and I say bye to Dirsta, she wishes us good luck one more time. And then we join the rest of our team, listening to what coach bad is telling them.

_______________________________________

I actually got it wrong last chapter, it's 30k and not 20k!? This is crazy!! xD

Btw I don't know much about american football, so I probably won't be describing the game much!

Idk yet when I'll be able to upload the next chapter, LATEST will be next weekend. I wish I could upload it fast, but I'm only allowed to have my phone 45 minutes a day, so it'll be hard to write.