Chapter 15

Dream's Pov:

When I make my way down the stairs, I see my family already sitting at the table. Mom made spaghetti, Drista's favorite.

I sit down next to Drista and put some of it on my plate. It smells so good, my mom really knows how to cook. I hear Drista slurping next to me, quickly followed by a "Drista! No slurping!" from my mom.

"So, what's planned for the week?" my dad asks, always wanting to have a conversation while we're having dinner. "I got invited to a birthday, this saturday. I don't even know the girls name. Pretty cool being a cheerleader and being so popular, huh?" Drista spits out in excitment.

"Do we need to buy a present?" My mom chimes in on the conversation. "I guess we could buy her some basic gift. I don't know how big the party will be." Dirsta shrugs.

After taking another big bite of spaghetti, I decide to speak up aswell. "I got invited to a party, too. I don't know when it is, though. I still have to ask my girlfriend." Drista groans and rolls her eyes at the mention of her.

"Dream, I don't know if it would be good for you to go to another party." My mom looks at me concerned. "Wh- I haven't been on that many parties. And I never drink." I don't know why I'm trying to convince her, I don't even want to go.

My dad backs up my mom "It's just... your grades have been dropping the last couple of weeks. Your teacher called us. You're now one of the big kids, buddy. You need to actually do well in school." He doesn't even sound mad, just disappointed.

I don't want to look into their faces. My eyes are glued on my plate. I play with the spaghetti, not knowing what to answer. The silence is deafening. Not even Drista says a word.

"How about George helps you a bit with school. He could like tutor you. He's a year above you and pretty smart, isn't he? He hasn't been around for so long, it'd be great to have him over again." I can basically feel my mom staring at me with concern.

My eyes start tearing up. I try to keep it all in, but I can't anymore. I miss him so much. I fucked up everything. I made so many stupid decisions. My parents are disappointed with me and I'm a total failure. Not just at school but also at playing my role in this whole stupid system, the school has built up. Being popular, what even does that mean?

"No, no, he can't tutor me! He won't even answer my texts! He won't even speak to me, won't even look at me! I have no idea what's going on and how to fix it! The funny thing is, I don't even wanna go to that fucking party! I don't want to do anything anymore!" I stand up, now screaming at my parents. I never normally do that.

I can see Drista from the corner of my eye, a concerned expression on her face. I think she even has tears in her eyes. "I'm going to my room. Please just leave me alone, okay?" My voice gets quieter again. I didn't want to shout at them like that, especially not infront of Drista. But everything has been bottled up inside me for way too long.

"Dream, honey, wait!" I hear my mom calling after me, but I'm already running, up the stairs, to my room.

I throw myself onto my bed, hiding under my blanket. What the fuck am I supposed to do? I take my phone out of my pocket, clicking onto George's contact.

I decide to call him, it rings, and rings, and rings, and... he didn't pick up. Of course he didn't. What did I expect!?
I bury my face in the blanket, I'd do anything to have him laying next to me right now. I'd do anything to feel his warm breath on my back again.

And then I start to realize. All those silly little jokes, all the flirting... I did feel something for him. The reason why all those touches made my heart jump wasn't because I thought it was weird, it was because I had feelings for him.

That is why I don't feel anything towards my girlfriend. Because she isn't him. Every time she kissed me, I wanted it to be him. I wanted to hold him. Kiss him. How could I have been so blind?

I scroll through my camera roll, searching for the picture of us sleeping. I click on it and just stare at it, like it would bring me back to that moment. I think about what Sapnap said to me on that evening. Something on the lines of "Does the thought of hot naked men turn you on?".

It's so stupid. But I actually think about it. I think about how turned on my girlfriend was when we made out, and how numb I felt... I think about George, staring at the picture. Does- does he... turn me on?

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

Or is it?

I go through my camera roll, I didn't even realize I had that many pictures of George saved. Oh god, he's so beautiful.

Yes, definitely turned on. How could I've been so oblivious to my own feelings? He's been there all this time, how could I've not realized? He really had to leave me, for me to understand my own feelings. I'm such an idiot.

I literally can't function without him.

I need him.

I love him.

I start getting overwhelmed by my own thoughts. I can't deal with all of this by myself anymore. So, I call Sapnap. After just a few rings, he picks up.

"What's up? I'm literally watching a movie right now, it better be important."

"Don't worry, it is."

....

"So?"

"I... I think I have a crush on George."

"What!?"

I hear him choke on his popcorn.

"But don't you have a girlfriend or something?"

"Sapnap, I... I can't explain it. It's just I... I definitely like him okay. More than just liking."

"Okay... so you're gonna break up with your girlfriend. And then? He still won't talk to us."

"Quackity still hangs out with him right? Maybe he could convince him to come to that big party next week. Maybe I could talk to him there."

"George? At a party? ... I can ask Quackity. I can't promise anything though. Just... please don't fuck it up even more. I know that sounds harsh but, I miss him too. And if there's any chance of getting him back..."

"I know."

"So, how'd you realize? There has to be some sort of cause."

"You're gonna make fun of me."

"Oh, c'mon now you have to tell me!!"

"I looked at pictures of him and..."

"Bahahaha! No wayy!"

"I'm gonna hang up."

"No! No, I'm sorry. That was mean. I... I get it. You have to realize somehow. I realized that I had a crush on Karl, when he sat on my lap and..."

"I don't wanna hear it! Memememe. I'm covering my eeeears!"

"Rude."

"Whatever. Thanks for always being there for me. I love you, brother."

"I love you too, Bother."

_______________________________________

I'm trying to get over with those sad chapters as fast as I can :(

I want to write fluff again aaah

Thank you guys so much for over 1k reads!! This is so cool! <3